Preference #2 How He Asked You Out (Preference Part 2)

Pete:
Today was certainly not as busy as last week you thought to yourself with a sigh. There was only a few customers in the coffee shop, and they were all regulars typing away on their laptops, or flipping through books.

You decided that you might as well start sweeping the floor. There was no reason for you to be sitting behind an empty counter when you could be getting other work done. Plus, if anyone came in, you could easily get them their order, then go back to cleanup.

After grabbing the broom from the back closet, you start sweeping up the dirt that has been tracked in from the outside, and crumbs for the baked goods that have been served earlier in the day.

A few moments later, you felt a tap on your shoulder. Probably a customer looking for a refill, or an employee looking to go home early, because business was so slow.

"What's up?" You asked with a sigh, turning around. Pete Wentz was standing there, a bouquet of flowers in his outstretched hands.

"For you," he said with a grin.

"Pete, these are beautiful!" You gushed, wrapping him in a hug. "Thank you so much!"

"Yeah, of course. Only the best for you."

"It's really sweet. Can I get you anything? Mocha iced coffee?"

"No, actually, I came here to ask you something."

"Shoot," you said, ducking behind the counter, hoping to find a vase of some sort for the flowers.

"So, my band got invited to this really exclusive party on Friday..."

"Yeah, I'm listening," you nod, finding a suitable glass. You bring it to the sink, and start to fill it up.

"I was able to snag an extra ticket, if you wanted to come and be my plus-one."

"Like a date?" You ask with a smile.

"Yeah," he chuckled. "Like a date."

"Then I would be honored to be your plus-one."

"Cool. I'll see you on Friday then?"

"You have my number."

"Awesome. I really can't wait."

"Neither can I."

Patrick:
After literally running into Patrick, the two of you became great friends. He introduced you to Andy, Pete and Joe, just like he promised, and it wasn't long until the five of you started hanging out.

You had every class with at least one of the guys, and your lunch lined up with Andy and Patrick's (Pete and Joe had it right after yours). You were invited to practices for their band, Fall Out Boy, and most days after school, you would all go and get pizza.

That's where you were today; at the little pizzeria down the street from the school. You were gathered around your usual table, eating a cheese pizza, that tasted even better than usual, because Joe lost a bet with Andy, and was forced to pay for it.

"So... uh... (Y/N)," Patrick stammered awkwardly.

"Yeah, Trick?" You asked, finishing off your slice and reaching for another.

"I was wondering if you were doing anything tomorrow night?" He scratched the back of his head nervously.

"I don't think so. Why, what's up?"

"Um... there's a new horror movie coming out that looks really good. I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go with me? You don't have to say yes, if you don't want to, but-"