Patrick Imagine #7 Tutoring

"This will be good for you, (Y/N)," your guidance councilor tried to convince you. "It'll really get your grades up."

"Fine," you sighed. You really didn't want to do this, but it looked like you didn't have a choice.

Your algebra grade was at its all time low, so your mom called the school, and set you up with a tutor. It wasn't really your fault. Everyone's bad at math, right? Well, it seemed like everyone but Patrick Stump, your tutor was.

"Ah, Patrick!" You turned around to see a boy with reddish-blonde hair standing in the doorway. "Please come in!"

"Hi Mr.Fop," he smiled sheepishly, taking the chair next you yours at his desk. "You must be (Y/N)," he stuck his hand out to you. "I'm Patrick! Nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too," you smiled back politely, shaking his hand. "I guess you're going to be the one tutoring me?"

"Yeah, I am!" His slight smile turned into a grin. "It'll be great! We'll get your math grade up super high, alright?"

"Okay," you nodded unsurely.

"So I was thinking that we could meet later today," he continued. "What time works for you?"

"Any time after seven."

"Seven-thirty at the library down the street then?"

"Sure," you agreed.

"Perfect! See you later then!"

You went home and finished all your homework except for algebra, since Patrick would be helping you with that later. You ate a quick dinner, and changed into a pair of jeans and a Green Day t-shirt. You slung your backpack over your shoulder, and began the walk to the library.

When you arrived, Patrick was already sitting at a small table in the corner of the room. He saw you, and immediately waved you over. You plopped your stuff down, and slumped into the seat next to him.

"Hi," you started.

"Hey."

"So... I brought some homework that we could work on."

"Cool. I was thinking that we could get to know each other a bit first, if that's okay with you?"

"Yeah, that sounds great, actually."

"Awesome! I really like your shirt. I'm assuming that you like music?"

"Yeah, I do. Bands like Blink 182, Nirvana, Sum 41, Green Day, obviously..."

"Those are really great bands! I'm in a band, actually..." he blushed, and started tapping his pencil on the table, earning a dirty look from the librarian.

"That's awesome! What do you play?"

"I sing, and sometimes some backup guitar stuff."

"That's really cool! I wish I could sing..."

"Maybe I could give you singing lessons some time?"

"Really?"

"Well, I'm already tutoring you in one subject," he laughed.

"We should probably be getting on that, shouldn't we?"

"Or we could get some ice cream?"

"Like a date?" You grinned.

"Sure," he smiled. "Like a date."

"I would really like that."

"Me too. Shall we?"

"We shall," you took his arm, and together you walked out of the library.