Joe Imagine #9 Your Familiar Voice

"Hi, is this where story time is?" You looked up from your desk in the children's wing of the library and up at a man with curly brown hair and blue eyes. He was holding the hand of a toddler who looked to be about a year old or so.

"Yes, it is," you smiled, brushing a strand of hair from your face. "Did this little cutie plan on going?"

"Yup," he leaned down and picked the girl up. "This is my daughter, Ruby, and I'm Joe."

"It's nice to meet the both of you. You can follow me to the story room." He nodded, as you lead them to to back room. You waited as he got one of the carpet squares for Ruby to sit on, and once they were both settled, you started reading.

At first you thought it was kind of strange that Joe decided to stay, since most of the parents went to do work in another section of the library, or went to the coffee shop across the street, but you assumed that since it was Ruby's first time, he didn't want to leave her alone. When he stayed the second and third time, you became confused.

"You know, you don't have to stay if you don't want," you informed him as you placed the book back on the shelf.

"Yeah, I know, I'm just not sure how Ruby would do on her own," he explained, leaning up against the wall, watching his daughter aimlessly shove books into their library bag." Besides, I really like your voice."

"You do? Thanks," you blushed.

"No problem. It's just really familiar. Reminds me of high school."

"It does? Care to explain why?" You raised an eyebrows.

"Oh, uh..." his face immediately grew red. "You're going to think it's really creepy."

"Okay, you have to tell me now."

"Fine, but you promise you won't think I'm crazy?"

"Pinky promise," you confirmed.

"When my friends and I were in high school, we played truth or dare a lot..."

"Go on..."

"One of my dares was to call a sex-hotline... and I kept calling it even after the dare."

"That's a great story, but in confused about what it has to do with me."

"You sound just like her," he admitted.

"Oh... oh wow," you blushed even more than you previously were.

"Well, I'm going to ask you on a date now, since things can't get anymore awkward then they already are."

"And I'm going to accept," you smiled. "Because I like awkward."