Patrick Imagine #9 Saving My Life

"Goddamnit, Becky," you sighed as your phone buzzed for the millionth time that morning. Your best friend's boyfriend had dumped her it yet again, and she was looking to you for support. You were attempting to convince her that if someone has cheated on your three times, they're not your soulmate. Of course, she wasn't listening.

You shoved your phone back in your pocket, only to have it vibrate as soon as you took your hands off of it. With a roll of your eyes, you pulled it back out, and began texting while you walked. You were plenty aware that it wasn't the safest thing to do, but you had places to be, and as annoying as she was, Becky was important to you.

"Holy smokes, watch out!" You heard a voice tell in your direction. You looked up just in time to see a truck speeding in your direction. Before you could think to move out of the way, a body slammed into yours, hurtling you and the mystery man on to the sidewalk.

"Ouch," you rubbed your head, which you just happened the slam into the cement.

"Are you alright?" The guy asked. He was wearing a red cardigan, along with a black button down shirt and a pair of jeans. The outfit was tied together with a pair of black glasses and a matching fedora. "That truck almost hit you."

"Yeah, I'm okay," you nodded. "You saved my life."

"I did what I had to," he blushed. "I couldn't let you get crushed when I could've done something. I'm Patrick by the way."

"(Y/N)," you introduced yourself. "Can I buy you a coffee or something?"

"No, it's okay. You don't have to."

"I almost died," you smiled despite the circumstances. "The least I can do is buy a drink a for the guy who saved my life."

"Okay, fine," he agreed, standing up and brushing off his pants, then offering his hand to help you up.

"Good. I'm almost positive there's a Starbucks somewhere around here."

"So, I'm assuming you learned a very important lesson today?" Patrick asked as the two of you started walking.

"Yup," you nodded. "Texting and walking will lead to near death experiences, which are bad. There is a bright side though."

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow. "There's a bright side to almost loosing your life to a trucker?"

"I did get to meet a super cute guy named Patrick, didn't I?"