Pete Imagine #8 Netflix and Chill

"Hey (Y/N)?" Bronx looked up from his watercolors. He had spent the weekend with Mikey, who was babysitting Bandit, and the three of them spent the day doing one of Uncle Mikey's favorite activities; arts and crafts. Now he was hooked.

"Yeah?" You asked back from where you stood in the kitchen, making chicken alfredo for dinner.

"What's Netflix and chill?"

"Um..." you stammered, trying not to panic. "I'm not sure, Buddy. That's a question for Daddy."

"Okay," he nodded, turning his attention to Pete, who just stepped into the room. "Hey Daddy?"

"What's up, Bud?" He asked, opening the fridge, and pulling out the milk carton. He checked the expiration date before taking a giant swig.

"What's Netflix and chill?" He spit out the milk, causing Saint to giggle, and clap his small hands together.

"Bronx, where did you hear about that?" A serious expression stoned across his face.

"Uncle Brendon," he explained innocently. "Yesterday, after you guys finished working, I asked him if he wanted to play Legos with me, but he said he couldn't because him and Aunt Sarah had to go do Netflix and chill."

"Well, Netflix and chill is when parents watch scary shows that aren't for kids on Netflix, after their children go to sleep," he told his son. "They get to relax and not worry about their kids."

"But Aunt Sarah and Uncle Brendon don't have any kids."

"But they have Penny and Bogart," you chimed in. "They can have Netflix and chill after the puppies go to bed."

"That's right," Pete confirmed.

"Oh... okay," Bronx seemed satisfied. "Is dinner ready yet? I'm starving."

"Yes!" You said, happy to change the subject. "Let's eat!"

After dinner, as you and Pete were cleaned up, you both agreed that you handled the situation quite well. It wouldn't be long until both him and Saint start asking more questions, and you couldn't keep lying forever. You would need to come up with a way to answer the hard questions.

"Daddy, can I FaceTime Uncle Andy?" Bronx asked about an hour later. He loved all his uncles, but Andy was secretly his favorite.

"Your homework all done? Room clean? Chores done?"

"Yes Daddy," he sighed.

"Then sure." He set him up on the iPad, then went to fool around with his bass.

"Hi Uncle Andy!" You heard him say.

"Hey Bronx! What's up?"

"Wanna see my new Star Wars toys?"

"Sure!"

They spent the next hour and a half talking about all the super heroes and Star Wars characters that you could imagine. You couldn't help but smile as you heard them talk. Soon, it was eight o'clock, and that meant bedtime.

"Hey Bronxy, it's time for bath and bed, Bud."

"Let Saint go first," he attempted to convince you.

"He's already sleeping."

"Five more minutes?" He begged.

"Fine, but only five."

"Yay! Hey Uncle Andy, wanna know what I learned about today?"

"What'd you learn about today?"

"Netflix and chill!" A horrified look formed across Andy's face, and you heard hysterical laughter in the background, most likely belonging to Joe. "(Y/N), are you and Daddy gonna Netflix and chill once I go to bed?"

"Bronx, go tell Daddy to give you a bath."

"But it hasn't been five minutes!" He whined.

"Bronx Mowgli Wentz, now please."

"Fine," he stomped up the stairs.

"Oh my God, I swear he doesn't really know what it means," you attempted to explain, taking the iPad. "Brendon said it in front of him. He thinks it's when adults watch Netflix when the kids go to sleep."

"Suuuuuure," Joe laughed, his face appearing next to Andy's. "You and Pete have fun with your Netflix and chilling."

"Goodbye now," you sighed, ending the call. You needed to have a serious talk with Brendon.