Joe Imagine #10 We Are Not A Couple

"Just a table for one, please," you requested to the hostess. A new restaurant had opened across town, and you decided to try it. The weekend you decided to go just happened to be the weekend all your friends were busy, so you decided to suck it up and go by yourself.

"It's going to be a two hour wait," the hostess replied.

"Seriously?" You sighed as she nodded. There was no way you were waiting that long.

"Well, we could seat you at a table with a seat available, if that's alright with you.

"Like, with other people?"

"Exactly," she confirmed.

"Fine," you agreed. "Beats waiting, I guess."

"Great!" She smiled. "I'll go see if we can find you a seat. She disappeared, only to return a moment later, a menu in her hand. "Follow me, please."

She lead you to a table where a man was already sitting, with who you assumed to be his daughter in a high chair. Both of them had curly hair, the man's being a dark brown and the little girl's being several shades lighter. He flashed you a goofy grin as you sat down across from him.

"Hi, I'm (Y/n)," you introduced yourself.

"I'm Joe, and this is my daughter, Ruby."

"It's nice to meet the both of you," you smiled politely.

"Same," he returned the smirk.

"Hi, my name is Casey, and I'll be your server this evening," a waitress came over to your table. "Aw! Your daughter is so cute! How old is she?"

"A year," Joe told her.

"I remember when mine was that young. The two of you are very lucky. Anyways, can I get yo anything to drink?"

"Just a water for me," you requested.

"A Coke, please, and an apple juice for her."

"Coming right up," she nodded.

"I think she thinks we're a couple," you whispered once the lady was out of earshot.

"Me too."

"That's kind of awkward," you blushed, not sure of what else to say.

"Here are your drinks!" She returned a moment later, placing them in their respective spots. "Are you ready to order your meal?"

You ended up getting a chicken dish, since your coworkers, who had been to the restaurant before, recommended it. Joe got a burger, and ordered macaroni and cheese for Ruby. The two of you were making conversation, while Ruby was happily coloring on her menu, when an elderly lady came to your table.

"I just wanted to let you know that your daughter is one of the most adorable babies I have ever seen."

"Thank you," Joe smiled, ruffling the girls light brown curls.

"The two of you are very lucky parents," she told you, before making her way back to her table.

"Second time," he grinned.

"Yeah, it's funny that people keep thinking I'm her mom." About fifteen minutes later, a different waitress than you had before arrived at your table, carrying a tray piled high with your food.

"Here's the macaroni," she said, placing the dish down in front of Ruby. "The burger for Daddy, and the chicken for Mommy. Enjoy!"

"Oh my gosh, this is crazy," you laughed before taking a bite of your food. "Everyone thinks we're a couple."

"Then maybe we should be, huh?"

"Maybe," you bit your lip.