Patrick Imagine #10 We Met At The Vets

"Calm down, Lulu," you whispered, as your French bulldog trembled in your arms. She'd never really liked going to the vets, since she always ended up getting some sort of shot at her checkups. She let out a heavy breath in response.

"Your dog is adorable," you looked up to see a man grinning, holding the leash to what looked like a German Shepard.

"Aw, thank you," you smiled back. "Yours is adorable as well."

"No problem, and thanks. Is that seat taken?" He asked, motioning to the seat next to you.

"Nope, go ahead and sit. I'm (Y/N), and this is Lulu."

"I'm Patrick, and this lovely lady is Penny."

"It's nice to meet the both of you."

"Nice to meet you too."

"So, how long have you had her?" You asked, trying to make conversation.

"Awhile," he smiled. "Honestly, I can't remember how long. How about you?"

"Only a year and a half, but it feels much longer than that."

"Penny Stump?" One of the vets stepped onto the waiting room, holding a clipboard to her chest.

"That's us. It was nice meeting you."

"You too," you waved as he disappeared down the hallway, slightly sad that you didn't get his number.

A few minute later, you were called into the office for your and Lulu's checkup. After her examination, the veterinarian informed you that she was happy and healthy, just a little on the heavy side. She didn't even have to get a shot. Despite her weight, she was given a treat, and the two of you went on your way. You were almost to the car, when no other than Patrick Stump was waiting for you.

"So, um... sorry to bother you, but I was wondering if you wanted to exchange numbers? I was thinking we could take Penny and Lulu to the park together."

"You waited for me just so our dogs could have a play date?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, maybe we could get coffee or something to."

"Yeah," you nodded. "I would like that a lot."