Pete Imagine #7 Soccer Rivals

"You looking forward to the game?" Pete asked, as he pulled on his bright blue soccer socks.

"No," you sighed from where you were sitting on his bed.

"No?" He looked up at you with a confused look on his face. "What do you mean no?"

"It's complicated," you sighed as he tied his cleats.

"I'm sure I can follow," he grinned.

"Well, our schools are rivals, right?"

"Uh-huh," he was now staring at himself in the mirror, admiring his uniform.

"And if we win, I'm going to be sad because you lost. And if you win, I'm going to be sad because you lost."

"But you're going to be happy if I win, right?"

"Of course!"

"But you're also going to be happy if your school wins."

"Yeah... that's also true."

"See? You're going to be happy no matter what."

"I guess..."

"Come on," he smiled, grabbing your hand. "We're going to be late. You do want to see your sexy boyfriend doing his warmups, right?"

"Shut up," you laughed, but followed him out to his car.

You watched his team warm up for half an hour before people started arriving. You sat with Pete's best friends, Andy, Joe and Patrick, and wore one of his school sweatshirts, even though you were sitting on your schools side. You waved to Pete's parents from across the field, and soon the game began.

Pete was one of the best soccer players in the state, and he was hoping that he would get a scholarship because of it. You were sure he was going to, but he didn't think he was good enough, even though you were always trying to convince him otherwise.

The game was extremely close by half time, the score being five-to-four Pete's team. When the whistle blew, alerting the players that they had a fifteen minute break, the four of you got up, and raced to the benches where he was sitting.

"Hey, babe," his eyes lit up when he saw you, and you kissed his cheek even though he was gross and sweaty.

"You're doing amazing out there," you smiled, crawling into his lap.

"Thanks," he grinned.

"Totally ignore us," Patrick rolled his eyes. "That's cool."

"Don't be so jealous," you replied, cuddling closer to your boyfriend. Some of the other players started at the two of you.

"I should probably be going," he sighed, lifting you off of him and back on to the grass. "Coach probably wants to give us a pep-talk or some crap."

"Okay! Keep up the awesome work, baby."

"Will do." He kissed your forehead before returning back to the field.

The rest of the game was close, but Pete's team ended up winning by three points. As soon as the final whistle sounded, Pete beamed at the crowd, and you pushed your way down to where he was standing. You threw your body at his, and he picked you up and spun you around. Some of the kids from your side gave you dirty looks, but you didn't mind. You had never been happier for Pete.

"Coach wants to buy us pizza," he said, taking your hand and leading you over to his team mates. "You wanna come?"

"Of course. There's nothing I'd rather be doing."