Pete Imagine #4 House Hunting (Part 1)

"Do we have to do this?" Pete asked, reaching down to take Bronx's hand.

"Yes," you reminded him, gently touching your baby bump with one hand, and carrying Saint with the other arm. "We want this baby to have its own room, don't we?"

"I guess so," he huffed. It was obvious that he didn't want to be here.

"It'll be over soon, alright? This is the last house for the day."

"Fine. Then can we get dinner?"

"Yes, if you behave yourself then we can get whatever you want for dinner afterwards," you told him, using the same tone you used with Bronx and Saint.

"Even pizza?"

"Yes," to laughed. "Even pizza."

"Hello!" A peppy blonde woman greeted you, as you pushed open the door. "You must be Mr. and Mrs.Wentz! I'm Tara, the real-estate agent."

"It's nice to meet you," you said, sticking out your hand for her to shake. "And these are our boys, Bronx and Saint."

"It's nice to meet you both!" She said, bending down to Bronx's level. "Ready to see the house?"

"Yeah!" He nodded excitedly.

As soon as you stepped inside the house, you knew it was the one. The living room was huge, it had your dream kitchen, and enough bedrooms for everyone, plus an extra, that would be used as a guest bedroom. The basement was big enough to be used as half for the studio, and the other half as a playroom for the kids. Also, there was an office in the attic for you.

"Okay Bronxy," you said, stepping out of the master bedroom and into the second biggest. "This would be your room!"

"Really?" He asked, jumping up and down. "It's so much bigger than my room now!"

"And this one would be Saint's," Pete said. It seemed like he was actually enjoying himself.

"Do you like it, Saint?" Bronx asked. His response was a happy gurgle.

"I think we're going to take this house!" You said happily.

"Great!" Tara smiled. "If you wouldn't mind coming downstairs and filling out the paperwork..."

"Not a problem," Pete nodded, rolling her down the steps.

"Mommy, I'm bored!" Bronx complained.

"Okay buddy, how about you see if Daddy will go and get your coloring stuff out of the car?"

"Sure. Be right back," he said, kissing your cheek. He returned a moment later with Bronx's coloring book, and his crayon box.

"Can I explore the house?" He asked about half an hour later.

"If it's okay with Tara, it's okay with me," you said, not looking up.

"Sure! Go ahead!" She said.

"Cool!"

Ten minutes later you heard a loud crash, followed by the sound of little feet running down the stairs. Bronx appeared, tears running down his little face, which was bright red from crying.

"What's wrong, baby?" You asked, bending down as best as you could with your pregnant belly.

"It was an accident, I swear," he sobbed.

"Why don't you show me what's wrong?" He nodded, took your hand, and lead you up the stairs, to the master bedroom.

He had somehow found a step latter, and used it to draw a picture on the clean, white walls. It was a family portrait, you soon realized. There was him and Saint on either side of you and Pete, and you had a baby in your arms.

"Shoot," you mumbled, trying to rub the marker off the wall. "Buddy, what kind of markers did you use?"

"These!" He said, holding up your Sharpies. Pete must have grabbed them instead of Bronx's crayons.

"Okay, it's going to be fine. I'm going to go get Daddy. You stay here." He nodded, and you walked down the stairs as fast as you could, being pregnant and all.

"What's wrong?" He asked when you saw him.

"Oh, nothing!" You smiled sweetly. "Would you mind coming upstairs for a second?" You smiled sweetly.

"Yeah, sure." He scooped up Saint, from where he was contently playing with a stuffed Jack Skelton toy, and followed you back upstairs.

"Holy shit!" He said when he saw Bronx's mess.

"Daddy said a no-no word!" He squealed.

"Is everything alright up here?" Tara asked, gently knocking on the door. "Oh my..."

"I'm so sorry," you managed to say. "We'll pay for it to be cleaned up, I promise."

"Actually, Mrs.Wentz, the house was already signed over to you. This is your mess to deal with."

"Oh..."

"Well, on the bright side of things, you've bought a house!"

"We bought a house! We bought a house!" Bronx sang, doing a happy-dance. Even Saint clapped his little hands.

"You still up for pizza?" Pete shrugged.