Preference #25 He Defends You

Pete:
"I can't believe this," Pete sighed, looking up from his phone, which he had been scrolling on for the last half hour.

"What's wrong?" You stopped your constant channel-surfing long enough to make eye-contact.

"Do you ever read the shit people say about you online? It's sickening."

"Yeah, I just ignore it," you shrugged, going back to trying to find a halfway decent TV show.

"Really? It's got to be hard."

"Not when you don't look at it."

"They're tweeting you like crazy, (Y/N)."

"I just mute them," you explained, finally settling on a comedy movie you'd never seen before.

"Well, I'm not sure how much longer I can take it for," he sighed.

"What are you going to do?"

"You'll see," he began typing away. A moment later, your own phone buzzed, alerting you that he had mentioned you in a tweet.

@petewentz: maybe she doesn't mind, but it makes me extremely pissed when people say rude things about @(Your Twitter Name). STOP.

"You didn't have to do that, you know."

"I know," he nodded. "But I can't stand it when people are rude to my girl.

Patrick:
"Can you believe her?" You heard a voice from behind you whisper.

"I know!" Another agreed. "She's so ugly."

"Baby, what's wrong?" Your boyfriend looked up from the restaurant's menu and at you.

"Nothing," you plaster a fake smile on your face. You knew how important the fans were to him, and it would break his heart if they were talking bad about you.

"You're sure?"

"Positive," you confirmed, but the girls behind you kept on whispering.

"I really hope she's getting a salad. God knows she needs one."

"Right? She probably weighs, what, three-hundred pounds?"

"Much more than that," the first snickered.

"Do you hear them?" Patrick lowered his voice so they couldn't hear him.

"Hear who?" You pretended to be oblivious.

"Those girls. They're being so rude."

"Oh, it's not a big deal."

"I'm going to say something," he stood up, ignoring your previous comment.

"Oh my God, hi!" The girl with the high-pitched voice squealed.

"We're such big fans!" The other exclaimed.

"Yeah, that's great and all, but you're being extremely rude to my girlfriend, and I don't appreciate it."

"Oh, it's just you can do so much better."

"Actually, there's no such thing as better than her. If anything, she can do so much better than me. I'm not sure why she sticks around, honestly. So please, be polite or we're going to have a problem."

"Yeah, sorry..." she nodded, obviously shocked. He waltzed back over to your table, obviously proud of himself.

"Now, how about we get some ice cream for dinner?"

Andy:
"No... please," you begged as he man pushed his body against yours, so you were against the wall.

"I promise, it'll only hurt for a little bit," he grinned, his hands finding their way to your breasts.

"Hey, she said no," a voice rang out. You looked up to see a man with auburn hair, his body covered in tattoos.

"She doesn't mean it. She's just playing, right?" He looked at you, waiting for you to play along.

"No, she's not. She's obviously terrified."

"Look, just go. We don't want to have a problem, do we?"

"It seems like you were going to rape this poor girl. We already do."

"She knows she likes it."

Suddenly, he punched your creeper, chasing him to stumble back a few feet. As if he was giving up, he found his way out of the dark alley and back to his car. Probably too drunk to care that he wasn't getting what he wanted.

"Are you okay," he asked, focusing his attention back to you.

"Y-yeah, I am now."

"I'm Andy," he introduced himself.

"(Y/N)."

"How about I bring you home?"

"That sounds great," you nodded.

Joe:
"Hey look, it's the emo chick again," you heard a voice snicker behind you. You decided to ignore them and keep walking.

"What, are you deaf now too, freak?" Another one of your tormentors voices rang out.

"Leave me alone," you mumbled.

"What was that? Sorry, I couldn't hear you, loser."

"She said to leave her alone," a voice boomed through the hallway. You turned around to see your best friend, Joe.

"And what are you going to do about it? Beat me up?"

"Might as well. We all know you only have one more detention until you're suspended. Use it on me, I dare you."

"Whatever," he sighed. "You're not worth it. Let's go."

"Thanks," you sighed once they stalked away.

"Of course," he grinned, wrapping his arm around your shoulder. "Anything for you,
(Y/N)."