Andy Imagine #7 Lab Partners

"Alright," your science teacher let out a bored sigh, settling down his scalpel. "You may start."

You looked across the science lab, and at your partner, Andy Hurley, who's face had a pale, nervous look painted across it. This week was dissection week, and he had been absent for most of it, leaving you to poke at animal carcasses by yourself. Finally, he was here for Friday's frog dissection.

"Hey," you walked up to him, grabbing a pair of rubber gloves and snapping them on to your hands.

"H-hi," he stuttered, wringing his hands anxiously.

"Are you okay? You've been out sick for most of the week."

"No, yeah, I'm not sick, I'm vegan," he explained.

"Oh... okay."

"I hate doing this," he continued, noticing your confused expression. "They killed these poor creatures just so we could cut them open. I mean, I don't even plan on having a career where I'm going to be slicing open animals."

"Really? Don't you need the basic frog anatomy for most jobs these days?" You asked sarcastically.

"Not a musician," he smiled weakly.

"How about I do all the work? You don't even need to watch, you could sit on the other end of the lab table."

"Really? You'd do that for me?"

"Sure," you shrugged. "I don't mind."

"Thanks. I seriously owe you one."

"So, how long have you been vegan for?" You asked, making your first incision.

"I've been Vegan-Straightedge a few years now," he told you, plopping down across the table.

"That's really cool. I would love to be vegetarian, but I don't think I could go full-vegan."

"It's not easy," he grinned. "But someone's gotta do it."

"Mr.Hurley, we're not letting Ms.(Y/L/N) do all the work, are we?" Your teacher asked, standing over your table.

"No, he already did his half, and I read him the directions," you lied. "It's my turn now. He's reading the instructions."

"Alright." Thank God he was easygoing. "Oh, and Andy, you have to make up those labs you missed. I won't be here after school, but I'm sure that you can figure it out."

"O-okay," he nodded. He looked at you with a scared look as he walked away.

"How about I meet you here after school, and you can copy my notes?"

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I don't know. It might just be because you're cute," you winked. You weren't sure where this got this sudden surge of confidence, but you liked it.

"How about this; you help me with my notes, and I'll take you out to dinner afterwards. Deal?"

"Deal!" It was the perfect plan.