Joe Imagine #3 Sweatshirt

"Babe!" You whined, attempting to get Joe's attention. He was in his 'office', playing around with his new guitar.

"Yeah?" He called over the sound of his constant strumming.

"Come help me fold laundry!" You shouted.

"Do I have to?"

"Yes. I'm the one who washed and dried it, plus I cook you three meals a day, and rub your back when it hurts after shows."

"Technically the washer and drier does that, but you do all the other stuff, so I guess I can help you out," he joked, making his way to the living room.

"Yay!" You squealed, causing him to laugh.

"Okay, how do I do this?" He asked, plopping down on the floor next to you.

"So, usually I put the clothes into two piles; your stuff, and my stuff. Yours," you explained, folding a pair of his boxers, and putting them on one side of the laundry basket. "Mine," you did the same with a pair of your jeans, but put them on the other side of the basket.

"I think I get it," he nodded. "Yours." He grabbed your sweatshirt, folded it, and put it on top of the jeans.

It was your favorite sweatshirt. Well... it used to be. Joe gave it to you on your first date, and you never gave it back. It wasn't anything special, just a plain black hoodie, but it had always been special to you.

"Actually... you can have that back," you said, placing it in his pile.

"What? You don't want it anymore?" Hurt filled his eyes, and you instantly felt bad.

"No, I do, it's just that I think it's better if you took it back."

"Why? Did I do something wrong?"

"No... don't even worry about it. It's really stupid."

"Come on, you know you can tell me anything."

"I know... you'll think it's weird. Promise you won't laugh at me?"

"Promise." He held out his pinky, and you locked yours with his.

"It's because it doesn't smell like you anymore." He let a small laugh escape his lips, before covering it.

"Sorry," he said as you glared at him.

"You probably think I'm crazy... it's just that when you're away on tour or whatever, it makes me feel safe when I'm wearing it. Now it smells like me, and it doesn't have the same effect."

"I don't think you're weird or crazy," he said, pulling you close to him, so that your chin was resting on his shoulder.

"You don't?"

"No, it's really sweet, actually. I'll leave some of my sweatshirts when I go on your next week. Hell, if it makes my baby girl feel safe, I'll leave all my sweatshirts here for you."

"And some t-shirts?" You asked, pulling away and staring at him with hopeful eyes.

"Yeah, sure."

"And some of your boxers?"

"Really?"

"They're comfy to wear to bed," you shrugged.

"Sure, why not."

"You know it would be much easier if you just stayed home."

"I wish... but touring gives me something to look forward too."

"Yeah?" You asked, forgetting about the laundry, and making yourself comfortable on Joe's lap. "What's that?"

"Seeing you."