Preference #17 Late Night Conversations

Pete:
"Daddy?" A small voice rang out in the dark. It belonged to your fiancé's son, Bronx.

"What's up, Bud?" His father mumbled sleepily.

"I had a nightmare," he whimpered.

"Again? That's the fourth time this week, Buddy."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Bronxy. You can sleep with us tonight," you told him, moving over so that there was room in the bed for a third body.

"Thanks (Y/N)!" He climbed on to the bed, and between you and Pete. You stroked his blonde curls, until his heavy breathing slowed down, revealing that he was asleep.

"I'm worried about him," Pete sighed. "Do you think I should take him to the doctor?"

"Pete, he's a six-year-old. They have nightmares sometimes. I had nightmares when I was his age, and you probably had nightmares when you were his age, and I'm sure Saint will have nightmares when he's his age."

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"He probably just got scared by something on TV. If he keeps sleeping with us, I'll call the doctor. Deal?"

"Deal," he nodded.

"Now try and get some sleep. You have to go to the studio tomorrow."

"Okay," he agreed. "Goodnight Bronxy," he whispered, kissing his son's forehead. "Goodnight (Y/N)." He leaned across the sleeping boy, and did the same to you. "I love you both very much."

Patrick:
"Yeah, but my question is, what if we go on vacation with my whole family, and we everyone ends up getting killed by people in rubber animal masks?" You asked your boyfriend, Patrick, as he selected another movie on Netflix for the two of you to watch. It was already two AM, but neither of you seemed to care.

"I don't think that's going to happen," he chucked.

"But what if it does?" You pushed.

"Then I'll protect you no matter what."

"Sure," you rolled your eyes as the opening credits of Pitch Perfect made their way on to the TV screen.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He raised an eyebrow.

"You cried when you killed a spider, Patty. Imagine you having to defend yourself against a real human being."

"For one," he started. "Spiders are people too, and I feel terrible for my actions. Rest in peace that sweet little spider. Two, I would do anything to protect you, spider or not. I couldn't live without you. I need you by my side, even if it means I'm a murder."

"Aw, that's probably the sweetest thing you've ever said to me."

"That I'd kill a man for you?"

"Yeah," you giggled.

"Alright, somebody's getting too tired. Time for bed, missy."

"No," you whined, holding out the oh sound.

"We can finish the movie in the morning."

"Fine," you sighed, allowing him to pick you up, and carry you to the bedroom. "Love you, spider-murdered."

"Love you too, 'Ms.Please-Murder-For-Me-Patty."

Andy:
"Babe, what are you still doing up?" Andy asked, setting his jacket and drumsticks on the end table, and leaning over to kiss your head.

"I missed you," you explained, setting your book down on the sofa next to you, and pulling the fluffy blanket tighter around your shoulders. He had a concert tonight, and you knew he wasn't going to be home until around one, but you decided to stay awake and surprise him.

"Aw, I missed you too," he grinned. "What would I do without you?"

"Well, you probably wouldn't have as much clean laundry."

"That's true," he laughed, plopping himself down next to you. You adjusted the blanket, so it was around both of you.

"How was your gig?"

"Amazing! I really think the crowd liked my drum solo."

"Good, I'm glad."

"We should probably be getting to bed, huh princess?"

"Or we could just sleep on the couch tonight," you shrugged.

"Why would we do that?"

"Because I'm too lazy to get up."

"Fine," he chuckled. "Anything for you."

Joe:
"Joe," you whispered, poking at your boyfriend. You were having yet another sleepless night.

"Yeah?" He moaned back sleepily.

"Am I fat?" You asked the question that had been on your mind for hours.

"No, you're pregnant," he quickly responded, his voice still thick with sleep.

"That doesn't really answer my question," you sighed.

"Yeah, you're bigger than some of the other girls we hang out with, but you have to remember that you have a baby inside your belly," he rolled over so that he was facing you.

"Yeah, but I'm not as big as Marie was when she was pregnant with Ruby," you compared yourself to his ex-wife. "And I'm pretty sure that Ashlee and Meagan weren't as big as me either. Neither was Elisa..."

"Listen, I don't care what those other girls looked like, I only care about you. You're carrying my baby, and for that, I love you even more than words can describe. You're going to be a mom, and I'm going to be a dad all over again, and Ruby's going to be a big sister, and we're going to be a happy family that doesn't care if you're fat or not, which you're not."

"Not bad Joe," you giggled at your own joke, and he rolled his eyes.

"I'm ignoring you now."

"Fine," you fake-pouted, snuggling as close to him as your swollen stomach would allow. "Goodnight Joe."

"Night babe. Goodnight little baby." He kissed you and your stomach, and the two of you fell into a peaceful sleep.