Patrick Imagine #8 Pretending To Date

"I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend," your best friend, Patrick Stump ran up to you, trying to catch his breath.

"Well hello to you too," you rolled your eyes, grabbing your textbooks and binders before slamming your locker shut.

"Hello," he started over with a sigh. "I need you to pretend to be my girlfriend."

"And why is that exactly?" You asked, walking towards the school's exit.

"Because Elisa invited me on a double date," he explained, doing the same as you. "You know that I've had a crush on her since we were freshman, and I have to show her that I'm not jealous."

"And me pretending to date you is going to do that?"

"Exactly," he confirmed. "Please? You get free food out of the deal, and I promise I'll make it up to you."

"How?"

"I... I'm not sure yet, but I promise I will."

"Fine," you gave in. "But only for the food."

"Awesome! You're the best, you know that, right?"

"I'm aware," you laughed.

When you got home that afternoon, you finished your homework, then stared getting ready for the 'date'. You decided to wear some black skinny jeans, an oversized gray sweater, and your favorite pair of Vans. You put on some eyeliner and threw your hair into a perfectly messy bun. After making sure you looked okay, you hopped in your car and drove to the restaurant. Patrick met you in the parking lot.

"Okay, we've been dating for about a month now," he reminded you.

"I know. You've told me fifteen times now!"

"Really?" He raised an eyebrow. "Then how did we meet?"

"We were gym partners during the tennis unit."

"Damn, you're good."

"Can we please go inside now? I'm starving."

"Sure," he agreed. "Can I hold your hand? It'll make it look more realistic."

"If you want to," you shrugged.

"Cool." He took your arm, and you walked inside together. Elisa and her new boyfriend were already seated. She waved the two of you to the table, where you and Patrick squeezed into the chairs across from them.

"Hi Patrick!" She smiled. "You must be (Y/N)! It's so nice to meet you. Trick's told me a lot of great things about you."

"It's awesome to meet you too! You must be Elisa's boyfriend," you turned to the guy next to her.

"Her boyfriend?" He laughed. "No, I'm her cousin."

"Cousin?" Patrick cocked his head in confusion.

"Yeah, he's from Georgia," she explained. "Him and my aunt and uncle are visiting, and I decided to have him meet some of my friends. But I didn't know that you two had been dating. How long has this been going on for?"

"Oh, no," you laughed. "Patrick just thought-"

"About a month now," he interrupted you.

"No, Trick, he's-"

"I'm going to go find a waiter," he cut you off once again. "We've been sitting her for like, half an hour. (Y/N), you come too." Before you could protest, he grabbed your arm and dragged you to the hallway, where the bathrooms were.

"What was that all about?" You exclaimed.

"I've changed my mind?"

"You've changed your mind? About what exactly?"

"I don't want to date Elisa. I want to date you."