Preference #7 Going Public

Pete:
"Pete!" You cried between your fits of giggles. "You have to read this!"

"What's up?" He asked, plopping down on the couch next to you.

"Remember when Andy and I went on a coffee run for you and the guys last week?"

"Yeah, why?" You passed him the magazine, a huge smile plastered across your face.

"Andy Hurley's new lover," he read out loud. "It looks like the drummer for the pop-punk/pop-rock band Fall Out Boy has a new girlfriend! The two of them have been spotted on a coffee date, and let's say that the drinks weren't the only things that were steamy! More to come later." At the bottom of the page was a picture of you and Andy, carrying a mountain of caffeinated drinks back to the studio.

"Sorry Pete," you said, fake sympathy dripping from your voice. "It looks like I'm Andy's girlfriend now."

"Yeah, not for long." He grabbed his phone, logged on to Twitter, and snapped a picture of him kissing your cheek.

@petewentz: This is a lesson, kids. Never trust tabloid magazines

Patrick:
"Good morning Patty-Cakes!" You said cheerfully. You gave your boyfriend a quick peck on the cheek, and went to the cupboard to grab a box of cereal.

"Morning, (Y/N)," he mumbled, not looking up from his laptop.

"Did you sleep okay?" You asked, pouring milk into your Cheerios, before plopping down across from him.

"What? Oh, yeah, I slept fine," he murmured, still not looking at you.

"Okay, what's up? You seem really distracted."

"Well, you know how you said we were going to wait a little while before going public?" You nodded as you shoved a spoonful of the cereal in your mouth.

"Yeah, what about it?" You crunched.

"Take a look at this." He spun the laptop, so it's screen was facing you.

Patrick Stump's New Lover!

The article's title read in big, bold letters. A picture of the two of you holding hands and walking down the street was featured on the front of the website.

"How did that even happen?" You asked, forgetting about your breakfast. "I didn't even see anyone take our picture!"

"They're sneaky," he sighed, shutting the cover of the computer. "I'm sorry... I should have been more careful. I know how you wanted to wait."

"Baby, it's fine. They didn't say anything bad about either of us, and it's not like they're making up lies. I am Patrick Stump's new lover."

"Yeah... I guess you are, huh?"

"Yup!" You giggled, leaning across the table and planting a kiss on his lips. "And hopefully I will be forever."

Andy:
"Are you sure you want me to do this?" Andy asked you, gently squeezing your hand.

"Go for it, babe!" You encouraged. "Just don't say anything too unflattering about me."

"About you? Never!"

A relationship advice website had somehow convinced the four members of Fall Out Boy to do an interview about their current girlfriends or wives. It was no big deal for the guys, since they had talked about their significant others in the past, but you had never really came up in conversation, sense Andy liked to keep your personal lives private. Half the fans didn't even know you existed.

"Good luck!" You called to Andy, as he sat on the overstuffed couch, across from the interviewer. You went to the waiting room type area, where a TV was set up, so you could watch the interview live.

"So, Andy, you're girlfriends name is (Y/N), right?"

"Yup," he nodded, wringing his hands nervously.

"And you haven't really talked about her in past interviews, have you?"

"No... we like to keep our lives private, I guess."

"It's like you two are going public then?"

"I guess you could say that!" He laughed.

The two of them chatted for a few minutes about what his favorite things about you were (he couldn't choose just one, so he rambled a list of about twenty things), and his least favorite things about you (how you were sometimes insecure, and cared what people thought). It wasn't long before the interview was being wrapped up, and the final question was asked.

"Do you have any advice for people in relationships?" The lady asked.

"Actually, yeah, I do. Treat your significant other the right way, because even if you tell them that you love them one million times, actions still speak louder than words. That doesn't mean stop saying I love you. Say I love you when you're happy, or when your sad, or when your fighting."

"And this works?" The reported asked.

"Well, I don't want to speak too soon, but we might have a Mrs.Andy Hurley soon."

"Okay! Thanks for hanging out, Andy, and thanks to all of you for watching!" The interviewer wrapped up. A moment later, Andy appeared in your room, and you wrapped him in a hug.

"How did I do?" He whispered in your ear.

"I'm glad to be known as Mrs.Andy Hurley."

Joe:
What a beautiful morning you thought to yourself. Joe was inside, doing something Fall Out Boy related, so you decided to relax by your pool, until he was finished. Just as you plopped down in the lounge chair, you heard the first click.

"Hey!" A voice shouted, getting your attention. Three middle aged men, all with cameras were peering over the fence.

"Uh... hi," you said, confused as if why these people would be wanting to talk to you.

"What's your name?" Another called over the gate.

"(Y-y/N)," you stuttered.

"You Joe Trohman's sister or something?" The third asked.

"His girlfriend, actually."

"(Y/N)!" Joe called, looking at your through the screen door. He noticed the people, and raced outside. "Get the hell out of here!" He shouted. "This is private property, and I will call the police if you don't leave." He lead you inside, and slammed the door behind you. "They didn't make you answer anything you didn't want to, right?"

"No, not at all," you said, allowing him to wrap you into a hug. "They thought I was your sister though."

"Well, I hope you told them otherwise, because it would be really bad publicity if they saw me kissing my 'sister' in public." You laughed, and pecked his cheek.

At that exact moment, his phone chimed, alerting him that someone had mentioned his name on a celebrity gossip website. He logged into his phone, and immediately clicked to the site. He held up his phone to see a picture of you that they had taken only moments ago.

"Looks like we've gone public," he smiled.