The Kiss (Dex's POV)

SPOILERS FOR NIGHTFALL!!!!

 I was chatting with @piper'seyelash so some of this is from the chat. I also just wanted to make a fanfic. Also so sorry for not updating in forever. Most later dialouge is taken from the book. 

Dex had the triplets running around him being crazy siblings when he realized that he should probably check with Sophie about the bracelets so he leaped there and waited for Sophie to come up and Keefe to leave. He was hoping Sophie wouldn't ask about the caches so he told Grady. Dex could see how much Grady liked having him around. He knew that when Keefe was around a while would be hours. Dex decided to spend some time with Iggy and mix things so that he could turn Iggy a different color on the carpet. "He looks awesome, doesn't he?" Dex asked, feeling his lips go up while Iggy left his palm. His fur was Kelly green and spiky. "He feels so soft" Sophie said while making Iggy purr. "That's because I mixed the Greenleaf elixir with some Floof," Dex told her. "I picked the color for Forkle—or I guess I should say it's for the Forkle we lost. Hope you don't mind. I had time to kill"

Dex had hated that Keefe spent so much time with Sophie. He could barely hear her say sorry when he was in his jealous mode. Dex tried to say something but then Iggy made it stink. He noticed that Sophie grumbled something. "I could bottle that smell and make the ultimate stink bomb," Dex agreed. "But I'm a little afraid of what would happen if Keefe got ahold of it." Dex after getting reminded about Keefe's dad remembered what he saw. He felt his lips go down. "I did, but his feed looked normal. Just lots of trips to Atlantis. He definitely didn't go anywhere near the prison. Why?"

Sophie sighed. "Well...I guess that's not surprising. But can you check his feed again? Keefe said it looks like his dad's not staying at Candleshade, and I want to know where he is." Dex was questioning if Sophie was really his best friend because he never did anything  anymore with her. "I'll hack into his records again tommrow," Dex promised. "Might as well do something useful." Dex saw her roll her eyes then sat next to him and wanted to give him an important speech. "I dunno. It is one of my favourites. And I am working on the cache, by the way. It's just insanely complicated." 

"I know. If it makes you feel any better, Lady Cadence only agreed to take me, Keefe and someone from the Collective to Ravagog tommrow. She booted out Tam, Biana and Della—something about not bringing thieves into her friend's castle. According to her, Dimitar will give us the starting if I prove my value in some sort of challenge." Dex comprehended that. "Uh...is it me, or does that not sound good?" 

"I'm sure it won't be," Sophie told Dex. "But if it helps us find Nightfall, it'll be worth it." "I guess. Is Sandor freaking out?" He tried looking for Sandor at her door. "Actually, he didn't put up that big of a fight. I think he's more focused on setting traps to catch Lady Gisela tomorrow. Or maybe he figures the challenge can't be more dangerous than trying to steal the starstone?" Dex rubbed his hands on the flowers on her carpet. "I can't believe I'm saying this, but...you don't think Fitz should go with you, so you guys could go all Cognate—RAWR?"

"Cognate—RAWR? Is that the technical term?"

"I mean, I can talk about the 'staring into each other's eyes' thing if you really want me to."

Dex noticed that Sophie whispered something to Iggy. Iggy blinked his watery green eyes and unleashed a very loud burp. Sophie muttered something to herself putting him back in his cage. "Besides, I doubt Dimitar would ever assign a challenge where my abilities gave me an advantage." 

"Probably true." Dex stood while having stiff legs so he stretched them. "Well...If it gets ugly, you'll have your panic switch. Though I'm not sure how I'd get to Ravagog to help."