Chapter 1

The picture at the top is how I picture Margaret.

*Edited*
_______________________________________________

"Marg, you need to get out of bed, or you're going to miss your plane." I heard my older brother Dixon say.

"Don't make me and A.J. dump water on you again!"
I couldn't help but laugh, I remembered the first time they did that to me. They flooded my whole room, and some of the hallway. So mama and daddy made them mop it up, and they got grounded for a month. I grumbled some words into my pillow, which I knew were incoherent. I sat up in my bed, and saw my brother sitting at the end of it. I gave him one of those sarcastic smiles, and he gave me a sad one.
"Ok I'm up, get out of my room so I can get ready!"

"That's how you treat your older brother, I may be only 5 years older than you, but I am an elder, so you should treat me with respect!" Dixon said in an shaky, old man voice. I pushed him off my bed, and out the door. Time to begin getting ready.

I made my bed, which is not a usual thing. The only reason I was making it, was because I was leaving today. I went ahead and did all the usual, like taking a shower, brushing my teeth, etc. I then decided to straighten my hair, which is what I do everyday. I know, I am bland with my hair, unless it's a special occasion. I plugged my CHI straightener in, and walked to my closet, to pick something to wear while it heated up. I decided on a Chanel Black pants suit, nude heels, and a H&M white shirt. I walked back to my bathroom, did my hair, and then put my clothes on. I put a pink pearl necklace, pink pearl bracelet, and a Kate Spade Silver/White watch. I slipped my cooled straightener into my carry on, and some back flats just incase my feet started to hurt on the flight.

I decided on moderate makeup such as liquid eyeliner, pencil liner, mascara, and a light nude MAC lipstick. Now it's time to face the family, I walked down stairs, and saw my family eating breakfast, while they were talking amongst their selves. "My baby is really leaving me, I can't believe I won't be able to see you everyday!" My mama said, I could see a couple tears starting to form in her eyes. "Mama it isn't like I'm going away forever." "Yeah I know, but moving out means not visiting, and not visiting means never coming back."

I laughed, and sat down to start eating breakfast. I got some bacon, eggs, and grits, with a glass of sweet tea on the side. After everyone was done eating, we had to get going if I was going to make my plane on time. So I piled into a car with my older brother Dixon, and older sister A.J., while mama and daddy drove in the truck.

While in the car, neither one of us said a word, because we knew if either one of us said anything, a dam of tears would break from all of our eyes. So to just lighten the mood, we listened to the radio.

We got to the airport, and Dixon took my carry on out of the back, and carried it for me through the airport. They all lined up in a line in front of the check in so I could say goodbye to them. "Now you be careful up there in New York, or I'm going to bring you back down here to Alabama!" My dad said in a stern, but sad voice. I nodded, gave him a hug and kiss on the cheek, which is what I did to both my mama, and sister. "Be careful up there."A.J said.

Now moving on to the hardest person to ever say goodbye too, my brother. We've been two peas in a pod since I was born, and we had never been separated longer than a week. I gave him a huge hug, while I had tears running down my cheeks, so he wrapped his arms around me tighter, and I heard him sniffling, so I knew he was crying too. "I know you have to go up there to get better for yourself, little ole' Rightville can't offer you what's up there, but you'll always be my little princess, and I'll always protect you. So if you get any trouble up there from anyone, tell me and I'll be on the first plane." He told, and I nodded. I gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Once we were all done, I heard a lady over intercom say "FLIGHT 348 TO NEW YORK, BOARDING NOW." I checked myself in, and turned around to wave them one last time. And then I board my flight to the Big Apple!