Chapter 23

Unfortunately our Thanksgiving break had come to an end. People were making their way to work on on that busy Monday morning. Like usual Atticus woke before me, and got dress. Waking me up before he leaves, I gave him a kiss, and rolled my lazy ass out of bed.

It had been a couple days since that whole Bianca fiasco, but everything was back to normal, and we're living happily together in our apartment.

It became that season in New York, when it became cold, wet, and snowy. I did my morning routine, and grabbed my outfit of the day from the closet. Putting some black leggings on, with a collared, long sleeve denim shirt, and white vest, and my hot pink Hunters on. I slipped some gold jewelry on, and grabbed my briefcase. I was ready to go.

~~

Work was stressful today, since we just came bald from break, everybody was getting back into the swing of things.

I had to do three interviews for the magazine today, and I didn't get to eat lunch with Atticus today. Hell, I didn't even get lunch today. Which was okay, because I wasn't feeling that well, my stomach felt sick all day.

I just wanted to get home, put my fluffy pajama pants on, a loose t-shirt, and watch some Grey's Anatomy. Pulling up to the apartment, I saw Atticus' car was already here. Hopefully he already made dinner, cuss I really didn't feel like cooking tonight.

Unlocking the door, I sat my stuff down, and kicked my shoes down. Walking into the kitchen I didn't see any dinner sitting on the counter. I rolled my eyes, and let out a big sigh.

The Chinese take place around the corner was calling my name. I saw Atticus' coat was laying on the back of the couch, so I just assumed he was in the bedroom.

Opening the door, I saw him peacefully snoozing, which is what I really wanted to do. I took my makeup off, slipped my pjs on and jumped into bed.

Atticus must've had a stressful day too, because he fell asleep with his suit on. I woke him up to go change, which was a fight on its own. He moaned and groaned not to get up, but after a few minutes of arguing, he reluctantly agreed.

He walked out of the bathroom with nothing but boxers on, but I was too tired to think oh how good he looked. He got back in bed, wrapped his arm around me and we dosed into a peaceful sleep.

~~

Tuesday was better than Monday, but I still felt sick. I decided if I still felt sick Thursday I would go to the doctor on Friday. Atticus had already left before me, so I laid in the cold bed a couple more minutes.

During that short period, I made a little checklist for my day in my head.

• Get Ready
• Try not to be Annoyed by everybody
• Interviews
• Articles
• Come Home

My list was very short, but it felt like it took forever. I put on some tight, black pants, a white collar shirt, a black blazer, and some black Christian Louboutins.

Grabbing my regular briefcase, and my car keys, I locked the door and was on my way to work.

~~

THURSDAY

I still felt sick today, and it was so bad, I couldn't wait till Friday. Telling Zaya to reschedule any interviews or meetings I had today, I jumped in my car and raced toward the doctors office.

Arriving, the fucking office was packed. Rushing in as fast as possible, I put my name on the list, and went to sit down. I pulled my phone out, and scrolled through Instagram, Twitter, and Tumblr. Finally after an hour, I was called back.

A middle age lady with blonde hair, and glasses took me to the room, to wait for the doctor. She finally walked in, and introduced herself as Dr. Matthews.

"So Mrs, Sage, can you tell me your symptoms?"

"We live mainly been throwing up, I haven't really been able to hold anything down, and I've had cravings, so my guess is pregnancy, but I haven't had time to do a pregnancy test. And the sickness got worse, so I rushed  down here."

"I'm thinking that too, so if you will let me take some blood work, and take a urine test to be a extra sure"

I peed in that little itty bitty cup, which was hard, and handed it to her. Waiting an additional 30 minutes, she finally came in.

"So Mrs. Sage we just got the results, and your suspicions were right, you are pregnant. It looks like your only about a month along. We're going to go ahead and subscribe you some prenatal vitamins, and some pills for the morning sickness. Scheduling appoints every 2 months, so come back at the beginning of January. It seems as if your baby is due around August or September, but when an give you an almost exact date next time."

I thanked her, and went to go pick up my pills. I know I said I suspected pregnancy, but I was hoping she would tell me I'm crazy, and that I had the flu. I needed help, so I called Carrie. She told me congratulations, and to go home and relax. I did just that, I arrived at the apartment at around 3, Atticus wouldn't be home until 5, so I had a few hours to chill.

Taking my shoes off, and changing my clothes. I put my pjs on. Looking in my closet, I though about how none of these clothes would oft in a couple months. I looked at my stomach, and saw it was still flat, but I would soon have a small bump.

I settled down on the couch, and ate some fruit salad. After watching about two episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Atticus finally came home.

"Margaret, darling, you didn't show up for lunch, so I called the office, and your secretary told me you called out for the rest of the day. Is everything okay?"

He walked into the living room with loose tie, and messy hair. I motioned him to come and sit next to me. "Atticus how do you feel about having kids in the future?"

"I want us to have a bunch, I want a whole football team of boys, and a basketball team filled with girls, or whatever they want to do." He got that dreamy look in his eye when he talked about our future, and I couldn't help love him more.

I took his hand and placed it on my stomach,

"Atticus, I'm Pregnant!"

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

This is probably horrible and needs editing but I'm tired so.