Chapter 7

*Edited*

"Where have you been, I've been calling you, worrying, I didn't know what happened to you. It's 11pm at night, and it's your first night actually experiencing New York. Do you realize what could have happened to you Margaret Jessica Sage?"

I didn't say anything while she yelled at me, everyone back home knew not to get in the way of Carrie's wrath. "I'm truly sorry, but I have news Carrie that are worthy of a celebration!"

"You're not pregnant are you, Oh my God, your parents told me to look after you. How am I going to explain this." "No I'm not pregnant, but a certain someone has a boyfriend!"

"Oh my God, who is it Margaret Sage?" "Atticus Holdon, I kicked him out a cab this morning, but then I got a job as the head writer at Vogue, and my first piece was on him. So I went over and talked to him, and we hit it off. We went on a date this evening, and he told me he liked me a lot, and he couldn't bare seeing me with another man, so he asked me to be his girlfriend!"

"I am so excited for you, we must celebrate this weekend." I agreed with her, but then I told her I was going to bed. I took my dress off, slipped on a huge white t-shirt, washed my makeup off, brushed my teeth, and I slipped into my bed to fall asleep.

*Morning Arrives*

I woke up to the damn sun in my eyes, I really need to get curtains. Since I couldn't go back to sleep, I took a shower, and decide to go to work a little early. I put on a DKNY black and white cut-out midi dress, some black heels, and grabbed a Chanel Nude clutch. I grabbed my black Prada 49mm retro sunglasses, and walked out the apartment. I hailed a cab, and was off to work. I arrived to work, and saw Zaya. I didn't realize she came in this early. I got my schedule for the day from her, and began my work.

*Lunch Time rolls around*

I took a pause from my work, and texted Atticus to see what time he wanted to go to lunch. *On my way now sweetheart* he texted me back. I felt butterflies in my stomach, he was just so sweet. After a couple of minutes, Zaya buzzed my office on her phone. "Ms. Sage, Atticus Holdon is here to see you. Shall I send him in?" I told her to go ahead and tell him to come, and in a few seconds he was here.

"Hello sweetheart, how's work been so far." He asked me, and he came around my desk to give me a kiss. I told him it had been great so far, and asked what he wanted for lunch. "How about I order pizza from this pizza shop I know, and have it delivered." "That sounds great." He called the shop, and order a large pizza with pepperoni, chicken, bacon, mushrooms, and banana peppers, he also ordered two bottles of Sprites. While we waited for the pizza to be delivered we just chatted.

After the delivery boy came and dropped the pizza off, we dug in. "So I have a question for you my darling." "Well I may have an answer for you sweetie." "Well I have to go to a charity gala tonight, and I was wondering if you would accompany me. Oh and you can stay at my place tonight, it will be pretty late to come back."

"Well, I don't know, I don't have anything to wear," he cut me off mid sentence "don't you worry about what you have to wear, I have something picked out already." "And how did you know I would say yes Mr. Holdon?" "Well you are now my girlfriend, and plus I knew you couldn't turn down a charity ball to see what all the elite would be wearing tonight." "Ok you're right, when will you pick me up?" "Well the thing starts at 8, so I'll probably pick you up at about 7:30 at your apartment." I nodded my head in agreement, and he drove me back to Vogue. Once we were there he told me he would have the dress he picked out for shipped to my house, and we both started to work again.

*After work and at her apartment*

I arrived home, and unlocked the door. After a couple minutes at home, I heard a knock at my door. Opening the door, I saw four people. "Hi my name is Mandi Parkinson, and this is my team of stylish, and Mr. Holdon hired us to help you get ready tonight!" "Well alrighty, Yall can come in." Mandi and her crew sat up in the living room.

Brock the hair stylish did my hair in an up do, like the one Audrey Hepburn had in Breakfast at Tiffany's. While he did that Stefanie the nail designer painted my nails with a silver French tip, and she added some faux crystals on my thumb, middle, and pinkie fingers. After Brock and Stefanie were done, Callie started on my makeup. "So if there a preference on how you would like you makeup?" She asked, I thought it was kind of her to ask me, instead of just caking makeup on my face. "I don't want my makeup super heavy, but since this is a special event, I don't want the minimal,  if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle." She nodded her head, and began on my makeup. She didn't take super long only about 20 minutes, which I didn't think was long for a special event. Mandi told me to come to my room so I could slip my dress. She walked in behind me, and shut the door. She soon pulled a Carolina Herrera bag out. She told me to look in the bag. I pulled out a Fall 2015 Illusion blue silk gazaar wave gown. I was shocked, because this dress wasn't even out in stores yet, how did Atticus get this already. I looked up at Mandi, and she just smiled. I went to the bathroom and slipped my dress on, Mandi gave me some Christian Louboutin Silver too Vague pumps, a Diva Bulgari diamond necklace, and the matching Diva bracelet.

I looked in the mirror and I felt like a princess, especially Cinderella because of the color from my dress. It was 7:27, and I heard a knock on the door, Atticus was early. I opened the door to him holding a bouquet of White Roses, my favorite. I took them from him, laid them in my kitchen counter, and a laid a kiss upon his cheek. My boyfriend sure did look good tonight. He was in a fitted tuxedo, with a white button down shirt, and a tie that matched my dress.

"Well hello my gorgeous girlfriend, may I say that you look absolutely stunning tonight." His compliment made a blush ride to my cheeks. "Well thank you, and I can say that you clean up very well Mr. Holdon." He took my arm and led me to the limo so we could start our spontaneous night.