Chapter 18

All was well, until Margaret left. Her father, brother, and Mark gained up on me. "So Atticus, what are your intentions with my daughter?"

"Well sir, uh I possibly think that she is the one."

Nodding, he punched me. Like not a fake punch, but an actual punch to my jaw. Gripping it, I yelled,"what the hell was that for?"

"Well son, that was a punch. I just want you to know, if you ever hurt my little girl, I will personally come to New York, and beat the hell out of you, until you are black and blue all over your body. You understand?"

Nodding frantically, I began to feel the pain even more. He walked over to the fridge, and put some ice in a bag. "Now here, ice it off, and take some Tylenol, because in 30, we're leaving for the river."

~~

After thirty minutes, I came down, saw all them in stained and old clothes. I looked down at my attire, and seen that I may have been a little over dressed. I ran back upstairs and slipped some jeans on, and a simple white t-shirt, unfortunately I didn't have mud boots. Thankfully, Dixon saw and loaned me some of his old ones.

They were a bit snug, but they'd do. Mark went with Mr. Sage, and I went with Dixon. I hopped in his red truck, and we were off. "So Atticus, how did you meet my precious little sister?"

"Unofficial or officially?" "Hmm, uh both."

"Well she was in a cab, I didn't realize that, so I hopped in. I was a little rude, and she yelled at me to get out if her cab. That was the unofficial meeting. The actual official meeting was on her first day working at Vogue, she had to come and interview me. That's when I knew I had to make her mine."

Dixon began gag, like he was sickened. I laughed, and asked him if he had any love interest. "Well, there's this girl that works at the diner in town, her names Macie."

Nodding, we continued driving towards the river.

It took about 15 more minutes to reach the river. We pulled into this dirt parking lot, and I see a sign called Timen River. Getting out of the truck, I helped Dixon grab the lines and tackle box. Mark and Mr. Sage were pulling the pontoon boat. They backed it into the river, and unhooked it.

We all hopped on, and drove out to middle.

~~

I think this has been one of the best days of my life. Me, AJ and mom had so much fun catching up. After the Lilly Pulitzer store, we went to J.Crew, Vineyard Vines, Palmetto Moon, and the North Face.

We soon grew hungry, and we went to eat at my favorite diner in town, called Annie May's. Walking in we sat down in a booth next to window, onlooking my quaint little town of Rightsville.

A few minutes later, a girl with fiery red hair, and bright hazel eyes walked over to our table. "Hi my name's Macie, may I suggest some drinks for starter?"

We all order sweet tea, hold the lemon. She came back, and delivered our drinks m, and took our orders. Once we order, we began talking about anything and everything.

"So how's New York?" "It's absolutely wonderful, Carrie and I live in this beautiful apartment and I have an amazing job, I never though my life would of work out like this!"

"That's great, your daddy and I were worried you had got your hopes up really high, and once you were actually there, you would've been let down."

"Nope, so AJ when are you and Mark suppose to be making your way to big apple?" "Our internship starts right at the end of the December. Do we should be there dorm time during that period."

Nodding, our food came out shortly, and we began to eat.
Finally some greasy food that isn't organic, and vegan.
Digging in, it was delicious.

After we finished, I paid the bill, and we went home. Getting home we saw the boys had just arrived. Grabbing my bags, I ran up to Atticus and gave him a kiss. "Hi, how was fishing?" "It was more fun than I thought that it would be." "Well that sounds magnificent, but wasn't smell magnificent is you, so get your butt upstairs and take a hard earned shower."

He laughed and gave me one last kiss before scurrying upstairs to take a shower. "So do y'all approve?" Dixon walked up and slung an arm over my shoulder. "Unfortunately we do, he's like the perfect match for you." Squealing, I gave all of them a hug.

Following behind Atticus ran upstairs to put my bags away. He came out of the bathroom, in nothing but a towel, which showed his v-line. Good God, how did I get such a sexy boyfriend. I threw some sweats on, and a T shirt. I hopped into my bed and turned the tv on.

For the rest of the day, until dinner, we had a movie day.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

Hello lovelies, it is a little shorter than normal, but the chapters will be the same as usually next week. Remember to comment and vote!

~RW