Chapter 9

*Edited*

"Atticus, I don't have any Pj's to wear, and I'm definitely not going to be sleeping in this beautiful gown." "You can just wear a t-shirt of mine, and some of my underwear, that should be good." He handed me some clothes, and I stepped into the bathroom to get changed. Crawling into bed next to him, I fell into a comfortable sleep.

I woke up at about 8 in the morning, and I was alone in bed. Getting out of bed, I used the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. When I walked out of the bathroom, I exited the room, but Atticus was still nowhere in site, but I heard a voice downstairs. I walked down, and heard the person singing the song Riptide. I found out it was coming out of the kitchen. I leaned on the doorway to see Atticus swaying his hips, and singing. I started laughing because it was funny seeing a tall, muscular man sway his hips, but it was totally cute nonetheless.

He must've heard me laughing, because he turned around and looked at me with a smirk. "Are you laughing at me sweetheart?" I nodded, and he ran over and grabbed me. I laughed even more, but it all seized when he kissed me. It was one of the greatest kisses I have ever had. I know it sounds like I'm exaggerating, but you know when you get those butterflies before you do something you've never done before, well it's like this, but the good butterflies. I finally had to pull away to get some air.

I looked at him in the eyes, and smiled. He didn't even say anything, he lifted me off the ground, and carried me to the kitchen island. "Welcome to Chef Holdons kitchen today sweet cheeks, today I have prepared chocolate chip pancakes, with a fruit salad on the side, and a cup of freshly squeezed orange juice!" I clapped, "Did you really squeeze this?" "Of course!" He opened the fridge and showed a orange juice cartoon, and held up his finger to shush me. He came over, and we began to eat together.

~Later that morning~

Atticus had dropped me off at my apartment, I quickly changed into a nude pink bralet, and high waisted pencil skirt that came down right above my knees. I put a white blazer, white pumps, and a Michael Kors Watch. I grabbed my work bag, and went to hail a cab. Once I got to work, my furniture had arrived, and Zaya had already set it up for me. I thanked her, and she told me we had a floor meeting today to discuss this months articles for the magazine. 10 o'clock rolled around, and it was time for the meeting. I walked to the conference room, and everyone was already seated.

"Ok, it's the August issue, Summer is almost up, as you know the writers help choose the theme. Tell me your ideas, and I will suggest them at our head meeting on Friday." I let me discuss the ideas for a couple minutes. A black haired lady stood up, whose name is Macy. "We decided that maybe we should start writing articles on the 2015 fall designer clothes line, trends, and there will be premieres, so we'll report on those also." I agreed, and asked Zaya to write it down and give it back to me on Friday. "I will call all y'all back on Monday to assign you pieces, as of right now this meeting is adjourned." I walked back to my office. I had finished my article on Atticus, and edited it all ready. He would be featured on the cover page for July. Now I just need to assign pieces to myself and others for the issue of August.
***********************************

It was 10 o'clock when my best friend Reed walked into my office. "Atticus, how you doin' dude, i heard someone in this office got a girlfriend, and it's not me." I smiled. I stood up from my chair to give him a handshake. "You wanna go get lunch?" I shook my head while I replied. " I can't, I eat lunch with my girlfriend everyday, but you're more than welcome to join us." He nodded his head, so I called Marg. She agreed the Reed could eat with us, and that we would we meet her in front of her building at 12.

Reed stayed, and we pretty much just talked till 11:45. We walked out my office to go meet Margaret. When we got there, she was beautiful as always. "Marg, this is my best friend going on eighteen years, Reed." "Nice to meet you, I'm Margaret Sage." They shook hands, and we decided to go to Reeds favorite restaurant, Colorida Ciudad.

~After lunch~

During lunch, Reed and Margaret got to know each other better, and surprisingly they had made plans to go on my boat, next time Reed comes back, which would be in about two weeks.

Reed told me would talked to me later, and left.
"Atticus, how about you come and stay at my place tonight? Carrie is gone for a week on a trip for business meeting for her new job. And you could bring clothes so you don't have to back to yours in the morning" She suggested to me. "Uh sure, how about we make dinner, and I'll bring some movies we can watch tonight." She nodded her head, and I dropped her off at her building.

*************************************

Atticus had agreed to stay with me tonight, which was great. We could get to know each other better. It was about 1 o'clock when I walked into my office. Zaya told me a Mr. Zannini had called me, so I had to call him right back.

"Hello, this Mr. Zannini of Anderson Corp. How may I help you?" "Hello this Ms. Sage of Vogue, I got message from you to call you back." "Ah, yes Ms. Sage, my boss got a call saying he was the person of the month, and that the head journalist would have to write an article about him. I'm calling to schedule an appointment." I totally forgot, Ms. Wintour chose the person of the month, and I wouldn't know till someone told me. "Of Course, how about tomorrow, I can come to you office around 2:45, and I'll interview you're boss. How does that sound, and one last question, who is your boss?" "That sounds great, and you'll be interviewing Mr. Tanner Smith." I did a sigh, and told Mr. Zannini a goodbye. Tomorrow would be along day.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
Here's an update. The video at the beginning is of Christian Akridge AKA Christian Leave singing riptide. I'm about promote, but please go buy Christians cover of Riptide on ITunes.