Chapter 2

Picture at the top is who I picture Carrie as.
Authors Note at the end...

*Edited*
_______________________________________________

I had majored in journalism, fashion, and business. So inevitably I wanted to be a fashion journalist at Vogue.

Yes, Vogue, the God of all fashion magazines. Vogue was like the potatoes, to French fries. I know that is a weird comparison, but you need Vogue (aka the potato) to help the fashion industry flourish ( aka the French fries). If you didn't have Vogue, you didn't have a fashion industry. I think I made my point very clear, as to why Vogue was important.

Anyway I wanted to be a journalist, while my best friend, Carrie Dunbar, wanted to be a famous interior designer. So when we were in 4th grade, we already knew what we wanted to be. On January 7, 2002, we made a vow to move to New York together, and achieve our dreams. Now that vow was coming a reality.

Carrie had came 2 weeks before to decorate the apartment which I had found miraculously. Now neither one of us weren't anywhere near rich, but we weren't scraping the barrel for money each month. Each pair of our parents decided to split the rent half, and they would pay the apartment fee for a year, then we would take over. Both of us had been saving up from allowance, and various jobs. So with this agreement we got a pretty nice place.

I had about $12,000 in savings, I had saved birthday money, Christmas money, my $150 allowance each month till I was 18, waitressing, babysitting, and I worked as a intern at a fashion magazine in Alabama during high school. I was fully prepared to come here. I was on the plane ride to JFK for about 5 1/2 hours, when we got there I walked through the terminal, past the check out, and I saw Carrie with a bedazzled sign (typical Carrie) that had Margaret written in neat cursive.

I squealed and ran up to her. I couldn't wait to hear what she had done for these two weeks.
"Ahh I can't believe you're finally here! New York is so much fun Marg, and I can't for you to see the apartment! I already took the liberty of decorating everything, and your bedroom. I included a couple of your favorite colors, so your room has coral, teal, gold, and white."
I nodded, because I couldn't talk, I had too much excitement.

We walked outside the airport, and Carrie hailed a cab with a flick of her wrist. She turned around and told me to come on. We got in, and we heard an old, raspy voice say "what's the address girls?" "66 Perry Street and Bleecker Street, Manhattan." Carrie said to the driver. It took about an hour and a half to get to the apartment, and it was because all the traffic. I had to get used to that, in Rightville there was hardly, ever any traffic.
I paid the cab fare, and walked to the steps where Carrie was waiting for me. She handed me my very own key to the apartment, and I unlocked the door for the first time. This apartment was pretty big, which was unusual for New York. It had 3 bedrooms, and two bathrooms.
You first walked into the entry way, from there you saw the living room, kitchen, and dining space. Then off of the living room, there was a hallway that had the three bedrooms, and guest bathroom.

"Do you like how I decorate it?" Carrie asked me with excited eyes.
She had decorated the apartment fabulously, it was mostly modern, but with vintage touches. "It's beautiful Carrie!" I told her honestly. "I'm going to go unpack, and then go to bed, so goodnight." She told me goodnight back, and my bedroom was the first door on the left in the hallway.

I nodded and opened my door, and saw all my furniture, clothes and other things go it safely. Carrie told me that I could have the room with the ensuite because I found the apartment, so I told her that was fine. I had a huge walk-in closet, and beautiful windows.

After admiring everything, I decided that I would start unpacking. I put all my furniture back together, and put them where I wanted them to go, I then packed them with what should go there. I stuffed my closet with all my clothes, with took the longest because of two reasons. 1) I have a lot of clothes, 2) I love having my closet organized. So by the time I was done, it was 11 at night, so I decide to go to bed because I had a job interview at 9 tomorrow, and I needed to get up early.

________________________________________
I hope you're enjoying the story so far, and I low it's going a little slow, but it will soon speed up. Reminder this is my first book on Wattpad, so I'm still getting the hang of it. Don't forget to Vote, Comment, and Like. Thanks for Reading!

~R.W.