Chapter 17

Both Dixon, and daddy looked Atticus up and down. I could feel the awkward tension course through my body. I looked at Atticus, and the only emotion I could see was nervousness. Taking his hand, I squeezed it to give him some comfort.

"Atticus, this is my father, Luke Sage, and as you know this is my favorite brother, Dixon Sage!" Trying to lighten the mood, but that didn't help any. Neither of the men said anything, until mama said dinner was about to be ready.

"So Atticus, where are you from?" Daddy asked. "Uh well sir, I was born and raised in the Hamptons, and moved to the city right after I graduated high school." Nodding, daddy began to shoot questions out, like there was no tomorrow.

"Got any criminal records? Have you ever cheated on someone? What was your GPA! Do plan on marrying my daughter?"

"DADDY," I yelled looking at him astonished. Me and Atticus never really talked about our future, "Y'all can talk about this stuff later, for right now, let's eat dinner!"

Everyone nodded their heads, and sat down at the table. Saying prayer, we didn't have a conversation, until mamma sparked something up.

"So Margaret, how do you like the big city, darling?" "Oh mama, it's absolutely wonderful!! You know how I was applying to be an intern at Vogue, well instead I became head writer!!"

Mama clapped happily, and I finally saw the two bozos crack a smile. Finally speaking up, Dixon asked me if I had any trouble while looking at Atticus straight in the eyes. Clearing my throat, I looked Dixon straight in the eyes, and told him a firm no.

Finishing dinner up, we moved into the living room, and talked a little bit more. "Mama, when's AJ supposed to come over?"

"I think tomorrow, and then maybe us three can go out into town to due some shopping, while the boys bond for a couple hours!"

Agreeing, we talked for a hour or two more, then me and Atticus decided to retire for night.

Saying goodnight, we walked into my bedroom. "I don't think your dad and brother like me!" Chuckling, I kissed his cheek, and reassured him that they did, it's just they don't him that week, and they want to make sure he's good for me.

I changed into my pjs, and he stripped down into his underwear me and slipped some gray sweats on. Getting into bed, we kissed each other goodnight, and drifted into a dreamless sleep, wrapped in each other's arms.

~~

I woke up at around 9, and I looked at the other side of my bed. A muscular body, with long legs, and really warm arms wasn't there. I sighed, and laid my head back down onto my pillow.

I must've fallen asleep again, because I woke up again with kisses being peppered along my face. Groaning, I turned over a put the pillow over my head.

"Darling you have to get up, it's 10:07, and your sisters going to be here at 11:30." Taking the pillow off of my head, I sat up, and rubbed my eyes, trying to adjust to the bright light, that we call the damn sun that was streaming into the room.

Atticus looked handsome, in his navy pullover and khakis. Smiling at him, I got up and brushed my teeth. Once I was finished, I finally kissed my handsome prince good morning. "Well since you were so kind to interrupt me from my sleep, won't you be a dear go make me a plate of breakfast, because I'm pretty sure that my great mother fixed a hearty breakfast!"

Laughing, I got off of my bed, and walked out the door. Steeping into the ensuite, I took a hot shower that was much needed. I put my black and cream polka dot sweater from J. Crew on, some Levi jeans, and my Bean Boots on.

Doing my everyday makeup, I grabbed my usual Kate Spade watch, and my earrings that had my initials on them. Picking my phone up, I checked to time to see it was 11:18.

Great, I only had 12 minutes to eat and relax. Rushing downstairs, I saw Atticus sitting at the island with a mug of coffee, and reading the New York Times. I ran up, and jumped onto to back, but I didn't put my full weight.

"Well good morning my darling, are your actually awake now?" Nodding, I asked him where my breakfast was. Sliding a plate of waffles and bacon towards me, I drooled at the sight.

Sitting down next to him, I began to eat. "Wlkagk hg genubdom?" Looking at me crazy, I realized I was talking while I was chewing my food. Swallowing, I asked again. "Sorry, anyway where is everybody?"

"Well your dad and Dixon are in the barn look for fishing lines, because apparently that's what we are bonding over. And your mother is watching The View in the living room."

I finished eating, when I saw Mark's Ford truck pull into the driveway. I hid in the coat closet this time because I knew AJ also brought a coat over and she was Mrs. Prim and Proper, so she took the time to hand her jacket up.

Hearing the doorbell ring, I also heard mama open the door and greet them. The closet door soon creaked open, and I saw my sister. She finally looked up to get a hanger, and I jumped from behind the coats already in the closet, and scream boo.

She was so shocked that she threw the hanger at me. I laughed, and threw it back at her. She finally realized that I was actually here, and screamed. She finally hugged me, and asked how New York was.

I told her all the details, and I also told her that me, her, and mama were going on a little shopping trip. I kissed Atticus goodbye, and told him to be careful on his fishing trip.

Getting into my white jeep, it felt good to finally drove without traffic. I parked on the side of the street in downtown Rightsville, and we went into the Lilly Pulitzer store first.

I grabbed a couple dress, as well as AJ, and we stepped into the fitting rooms. We talked in between the rooms, I asked her how the wedding was going so far, and she said great.

Once we were finished, I got three dresses, while AJ didn't really want anything except one of the shirts she got. We each paid, grabbed mama, and went on to the next store.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
Hello lovelies, I'm so sorry that I haven't really been updating, but I've been sick most of this week, and I literally felt I was dying.

Anyways, I want to see if any of y'all have watched Once Upon a Time. If so, tell me one of your favorite characters. I just started today watching the first three episodes on Netflix.

Plus Jamie Dornan is in the first two seasons, and he is one of the sexiest men on this planet!!

I'm just rambling now, comment and vote! Till next time...

~RW