Chapter 3

Top Picture is how I think Atticus would look
______________________________________

I woke up that morning at about 7, and decided to go ahead and eat breakfast. I really wanted a fresh omelette, but I was too lazy to make one myself, so I settled on heating up one of those frozen breakfasts in the microwave.

I saw a note on the bulletin board that Carrie had put on the blank wall in the kitchen. I unpinned the note, and looked to see what it said.

MARG, I GOT A JOB WAITRESSING DOWN AT THE DINER AROUND THE CORNER, SORRY I COULDN'T BE HERE TO WISH YOU GOOD LUCK, BUT I HOPE YOU GET THE JOB!
LOVE, CARRIE

I nodded my head, but the realized she wasn't there to see I understood. I threw the note away, and went to sit on the couch and eat my breakfast.

I had finished eating at 7:30, so I started getting ready. I did all the necessities, and then picked out my outfit. I had to look super professional today, so I decided on the Giorgio Armani Dress in Crêpe dress in the color black. My outfit today was going to be simple, but sleek. I put my hair in a high ballet bun, then I did my makeup.

I didn't want my makeup to be heavy, but I didn't want to barely have any on. So I took my Naked 2 palette, and made a smoky eye. I didn't use blacks, because I feel like you do a black smokey eye when you go clubbing, I mostly stuck with browns. I winged my eyeliner, lined by bottom line, and added my mascara. After I put my dress on, I accessorized with a Blue Nile pearl necklace and bracelet, and a silver Michael Kors watch. I then slipped my Louboutin Salonu 100mm Ivory Dentelle Heels on.

Now you're probably wondering how I have all of these expensive clothes. Well you know how I worked as an intern at one of the top fashion magazines in Alabama, well I was pretty much an assistant to the CEO, so when these top designer brands sent samples for the magazine, she let me keep the clothes, jewelry, and shoes. She told me she had enough money to buy 10 of those items, so I could take them. I was grateful for that, but even though she was like forty years older than me, we were great friends, so I will have to visit her when I go back down.

I grabbed a black briefcase, and slipped the papers I would need for the interview in there. I then grabbed my regular purse, locked the apartment door, and walked out.

I hailed a cab, and got in. When I was about to tell the man the address, the cabs other door opened, and a very attractive man got in. "799 Fifth Avenue at 55th Street." Then man told the driver, but he never took off.

I cleared my throat, which got his attention. "Uh excuse me, but I was in here first." I told the man in a stern voice. He looked at me with a menacing look. "That may be the case, but I bet I have more important places to be, and important people to see."

I gave him a glare, who does he think he is to judge me. " That may be the situation, but it's called common courtesy. And I mean this in the most inoffensive way, get your ass out of my cab, and find your own." I said looking straight in his eyes.

"Fine." He said and he got out, but he didn't stop there, no, he slammed the door. It was like I took his cab, uh no I just took my cab back.

"What a douche." I said to myself, I must have not been so quiet, because the cab driver laughed too. "Mam, you do know who that is right?" He questioned me. I shook my head, and he replied. "That's Atticus Holdon, owner, and CEO of Holdon Inc." The color from my face drained, and I almost passed out. I couldn't worry, if I did my whole day would be bad, and I wouldn't have a chance at my interview. "Well I probably won't ever see him again, so it doesn't matter. Anyway, I need to go to 4 Times Square, New York, NY
10036." He nodded his head, and we were off.

We arrived there with 15 mins to spare. I paid him the fare, and got out. The whole building was buzzing with people running around. I walked up to the front desk, and asked which floor Vogue was on. They nice lady with a bob cut told me it was on floors 50-60, which was the highest you could go. I went to floor 50, and the Vogue front desk told me to go to floor 60, and wait to be called. I went and sat down, now it was time to wait.