Chapter 6

Atticus led me to his 2015 Audi R8, he opened the door for me, and then walked to the other side to begin driving. "So where are we going?" I asked, hoping he would tell me. "Now if I told you that, would it be a surprise?" I shook my head.

20 minutes later, we were pulling up to a small, quaint restaurant. "This is Les Étoiles, this was actually the first job I got when I came to New York." "Wow, it's a beautiful restaurant if I do say so myself." We walked in, and got sat at a table right next to the windows, it may seem cheesy, but I quite love just looking out windows. You can see all different kinds of people, with different stories.

After looking over the menu, a young boy came out to take our orders. He was looking at me, and gave me a flirty smile. I looked over at Atticus, and saw he was glaring at him, poor boy.

***************************************

The waiter came to take our order, but it mostly seemed like he came to just take Margaret's order. I was glaring at the boy, when I felt a small, soft hand being placed on my hand on the table. I looked up, and saw Margaret giving me a toothy smile, and I calmed a little bit. Who know a simple smile from this gorgeous woman could calm me down.

"What would you two like to order?" The young waiter asked. Margaret ordered a burger, with a side of Shrimp, and mashed potatoes. I order grilled Salmon, with shrimp, and asparagus on the side. He took our menus, and told us that it would be out in a little bit. "So tell me about yourself." I told Margaret.

"Well, I have 2 older siblings, my brother Dixon, is my best friend and it was really hard to come up here without him. Then my older sister A.J., I'm not as close to her as I am Dixon though. I'm from a little ole' town in Alabama called Rightville, our population was only like 1500, and my graduating class only had 250 students. I love basketball, but pretty much only watch college basketball, I do watch NBA once in a while though. I love fashion, reading, writing, and eating!" I laughed at her, she was just so cute.

"So what about you Mr. Holdon, what's your story?" She asked me. I had a couple secrets, but I knew I couldn't tell her right away, that would be weird if I spilled my whole life story to her on the first date.

"Well I am an only child, but my best friend Xander is like my best friend. I went to Princeton, and majored in business. My parents are rich, but I didn't want to take over my fathers business, I wanted to make my own empire, which I can hopefully pass down to my son or daughter But even if I made my own empire, I will still inherit my fathers business. I have always wanted a dog, but I never really have the time to go pick one out, and I wish I could go back in time to the 40's or 60's."

"Wow, I respect you for not wanting to inherit right now. My family, we own a hardware store in my town, and the town right next to ours. We're the only hardware store for miles. Until to hit the other town which is about an hour and half away. But my brother Dixon is supposed to take over when my dad retires"

I nodded my head, next thing I knew our food was being place before us. Margaret tasted her food, and moaned in delight. That one moan, did something to me that a million women couldn't do. I tasted my food, and it was delicious. We soon finished and I paid for the meal, but Margaret said she would pay me back. I never wanted her to pay for a thing again, I hate to say it but I can see myself making this woman my wife.

I drove her back to her apartment, and walked her to her door. "I really enjoyed my tonight with you, hopefully you agree with me and will want to do it again." She nodded her head and was about to go inside when I pulled her back.

Atticus pulled me back, and I looked at him. When he started to lean down, I knew he was going to kiss me. Truthfully I was okay with him kissing me on the first date, I could see him being my husband. I soon felt soft lips on my mine, this kiss was nothing like I had ever felt before. It wasn't like one of those one night stand kisses where it was fast. No this kiss was full of passion, love, fierceness, and safeness. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and furthered the kiss. We broke apart to get some air, and I looked into his eyes.

" I know this is going to be crazy, and this is only our first date. But Margaret Sage I want you to be my girlfriend, I know we don't know each other well, but I know I like you a lot, and I couldn't stand seeing you with another man!" I was shocked, but I couldn't agree more with him. For the little time I knew Atticus though, I knew he would never pressure me to do anything, and I would learn to love him. I nodded my head, and I kissed him again.

"I would love to stay out here with you, but I need to get some sleep, because I have to get up at 5 in the morning." He looked down at me with a sad look but agreed nonetheless. "I'll see you tomorrow babe, and don't forget you're eating lunch with me, I'll come to your office though." He told me while he walked back to his car. I waved to him before he got in, and I walked in the door, to be greeted by an angry best friend.