Chapter 12

~EDITED~

"Hello Mr. Smith, I am Margaret Sage from Vogue. As you know I am hear to interview you, and publish an article on you in Vogue's August Issue."

"Oh cut the act sweet-cheeks, you know you don't want to act professional when you're around me."
Tanner walked over to me, sat down on my chair arm, and started to grope my thighs. Pushing him away, I stood up, picked my briefcase into my hands, and said "Mr. Smith, I definitely know that isn't right, and totally not professional. I will just email you the questions, anyway I bid you a horrible a day, a horrible life, and please do not ever contact me except for the answers to the questions!"

"Babe, don't be like..." I had already made my way to the door, and slammed it midway during his sentence. "Mr. Zannini, I'll have you know that you have a slimy ass boss, and please don't ever contact me again for that man."

I stepped onto the elevator, and pressed ground level. Calling Atticus, I began to fell tears going down my cheeks, Tanner just brought up memories that hurt so much. Atticus answered in his usual voice, I then started to breath heavy. Realizing what was happening, I grabbed my inhaler from my purse. Breathing in some pumps, I started to calm down.

"Margaret, Marg, baby what is happening, do you need my help? I'm calling 911, unless you answer me. Damnit princess, please answer me!"

"Atticus, babe I'm here, I was having a panic attack!" "Oh my God, are you ok I'm coming to find you right, I'm getting in my Audi right now, where are you?" "Darling I'm fine, but I do need you, meet me at your apartment in 10 minutes."

"Fine but when you get there, you're explaining what the hell is happening right now!" Agreeing, I hung up the phone, and got in a cab. It took more like 30 minutes to get to his apartment, but that was good because is gave me time to get myself composed, and become calmer.

Reaching his house, I paid the driver, and went to ring his door bell. Instead I was greeted by the door opening, and large, muscular arms scooping me up bridal style. Atticus carried me to the couch, where he sat down first, and positioned me in a comfortable place on his lap.

Before saying anything, I saw Atticus begin to scan over me, like he was looking for something wrong. "Atticus, I'm fine, I'm right here with you, so nothing is going to happen to me. Alright?"

"Margaret Elizabeth Sage, tell me what's going on, and what happened to you, or so help me god I will go crazy!"

"Well I had a panic attack from Tanner groping my fucking thigh. That fucking douche thought I was going to have sex with them. Like uh hello dude, I'm not some whore that came into your office, and start undressing in front of you. I waited a hour and a half, and that's how you fucking greet me. Blows my damn mind how most men don't think with their brain, but with their damn dick!"

Atticus just sat quietly so I could get my rant out. "I'm going to kill that motherfucker, who does he think he is putting his hand on my woman. Like when you know that the woman is in a relationship, it means they're off damn limits!"

Getting his emotions out, he finally say back down on the couch from where he jumped up to yell. "Now I know you don't have to tell me, but why exactly did you have a panic attack?"

Tears started to swell in my eyes, bringing up these memories were super hard for me. "As you know, me and Tanner dated. We had met over summer camp, and developed feelings for each other. But didn't want to start dating because we wouldn't see each other again. Well somehow Tanners family moved to Rightville, and we went to the same high school. We had started dating two months after school had started. Fast Forward two years laters we were upcoming seniors, I had lost the spark, so I decided to break up. Apparently he didn't want that, he started to stalk me, and got super jealous when I talked to other guys, even my brother. 3 months later, I was home alone, he came ducted taped my mouth, and raped me numerous times. Dixon found me when he came home, he called the police and filed the report, but since Tanners daddy was the local lawyer and had connections he got the charges dropped, and his record cleaned."

By that time I was crying hysterically, I remember that night like it was yesterday. "Princess, I promise he will never lay a hand on you again, and I am going to go and beat the shit out of him. How dare he, first he did those horrible things to you, no man or woman should force sex upon another, and he treats you like nothing ever happens, but above all that touched you in a inappropriate place that a woman shouldn't be touched in unless you give a person permission!"

Atticus was fuming, but I didn't want him to get into any unnecessary trouble. Pulling him down onto the couch, I began to straddle his lap. His face was looking somewhere else, so I placed my hand on his chin and turned his face so he was looking me directly in my eyes.

"Atticus, darling I love you so much, and I know I just said that unexpectedly, but I do. You've made me realize that not all men are horrible, and you'll always be there for me. But please don't get yourself into any trouble for me because of my past. Now I want you to get up, get relaxed and I'll make us something to eat for tonight!"

He nodded, so I took that as an exit. I went to go get off of his lap, but he pulled me back around. He kissed me so passionately, that it felt like I was the only girl in the world. I smiled and broke the kiss, but before I got up. He took me for a surprise,

"I love you Margaret."

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️

So I really didn't have a picture to put at the beginning, so I'm just going to leave this picture of Liam Payne in a banana costume, with costume glasses on.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

GO BUY DRAG ME DOWN BY ONE DIRECTION ON ITUNES or GOOGLE PLAY!