Chapter 5

*Edited*

To say I was shocked was the least. I took my sandwich out of my mouth, while Mr. Holdon walked around his desk to his tall, leather chair.

I wasn't really intimidated by Atticus because of his wealth, or aura. No I was intimidated by his good look. How can someone be so damn fine? With gorgeous gray/blue eyes, a jaw structure that was so sharp, you could cut diamonds with it, and hair that looked as soft a cotton candy. This man was the definition of a sex god.

Even with his good looks, how dare this man take a part of my sandwich, I was baffled. "H-how did you know it was me?" I said stuttering a little. "My conference room has glass windows, glass is transparent. Transparent means see through Ms. Sage. So you get what I'm saying?" "Smartass." I mumbled under my breath. He must have heard me, because he was punctual with his comeback.

"Ms. Sage I am a very busy, and a very important man. I don't have time to waste with your snarky, petty comments. Now is there an actual reason you are here, or did you just come to insult me?"

"There is a reason I am here. I'm going too interview you, then write an article about you."

_____________________________________

This woman in front of me infuriated me. I had only known her a good 30 minutes, but a lot can happen during 30 minutes. She may be a tad aggravating, but she interested me nonetheless.

She was beautiful, with medium length blonde hair, great body, and that sweet southern accent. I wonder if I can work my charm with her.

"Margaret, if may call you that. I have a proposition." She nodded her head, telling me she understood. "I'll do this interview with no limits, you can ask me anything. But you have to let me take you on a date."

"Well, uh well, you promise no limits. And I'll go on a date with you, if you eat lunch with me everyday."

She was good at negotiating, I should've hired her myself. "I'll do that but may I ask why you want to eat lunch with me everyday?" "Great, and you're pretty much the only person I know, other than my assistant, and best friend. Plus I like you, you're pretty cool."

She liked me, she really liked me. "Well it's settled, lets get started!"

_____________________________________

After we were done, we pretty much talked for a good 30 minutes. I ate my sandwich because he insisted, but I gave him some of it because he kept eyeing it.

Once I was finished I got up, threw my trash away, and was about to walk out the door. "Woah, where are you going?" "Neverland," he looked confused "Atticus, remember I just got a job, and I have to actually work you know." "Uh I knew that, but do you think we could have dinner tonight?" I nodded my head in agreement. "Here's my number, text or call me so I know the details for tonight." I waved goodbye, and walked out of his office.

I stopped back at the deli for Zayas food, and then went back to my office. By the time I got back it was about 3:30, "Zaya here's your food, and I forgot to tell you, that you could go home at 5." "Well thank you Ms. Sage, I ordered your furniture, it should be here on Wednesday, and you have some messages, so I stuck them on your computer. I told her a thank you, and walked into my office. I really didn't know how late I wanted to stay, by I decided to stay till about 6.

____________________________________

I started to work on Atticus's article, but I couldn't focus. His handsome face was haunting my mind. I must be going crazy, I can't like someone that I only just met. I believe in love at first sight, so maybe I had found my Prince Charming finally. That's one reason I left Rightville, to find love. 6 o'clock rolled around faster than I thought, so I shut my computer off, walked out, and hailed a cab.

As soon as I stepped in, my phone started ringing. "Hey it's Atticus, so how is dinner, and I'll pick your up at 8?" "That's sounds fine with me." We said our goodbyes, and hung up. By the time I got back to the apartment it was 7:15. I paid the driver, and ran in. I was so grateful I washed my hair this morning, I pretty much just freshened up. I brushed my teeth again, because no one wants stinky breath on a first date. I also redid my makeup, I made it darker, but not to dark that I looked like a Raccoon. Now what to wear, I just picked out a simple Lilly Pulitzer dress, with my Platinum Jack Rogers. I kept the jewelry I had on from this morning because it matched my outfit again.

By the time I was done it was 7:56. I decided I would just play on my phone for the time being. I soon heard a knock at the door. Opening it, I saw a properly dressed Atticus. He had on khakis, a Vineyard Vines button down shirt which was tucked in, J.Crew dress shoes, and a gold Rolex.

He stuck his arm out for me to take, and said "are you ready milady?" I nodded an excited nod. Hopefully this would be one of the greatest dates I ever been on.

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
Picture at the top is how I picture Zaya to look like...