Chapter 8

*Edited*

The Charity Ball was hosted in the Rainbow Room at the Rockefeller Center. It would only take 10 minutes to get there if there wasn't traffic, but when wasn't there traffic in New York. So after 25 mins had past we got the center, a butler opened the door to the sleek, black limo. Atticus got out first, and he then helped me out. We walked hand and hand to the red carpet, where the flashes of hundreds of cameras went off to the new couple.

"Don't be nervous sweetheart, I'm right here next to you." He must of felt when I tensed up, but after his little comment, I relaxed a little bit. We walked down the carpet, when People magazine stopped us. "Hello Mr. Holdon, if you don't mind can you tell us who this beautiful woman next to to you is?" The report asked Atticus. "This is my girlfriend, Margaret Sage." "Ahh, well Ms. Sage what do you do, and where are you from?" I was shocked that she actually asked me a question. "Well I work as the head journalist at Vogue, and I'm was born and raised in Rightville, Alabama." "Well thank you both for your time, and I must say you both make a fine couple, but one last question, who are you wearing Ms. Sage?" "I am wearing a Carolina Herrera Fall 2015 gown." We then walked off from the reporter, we only posed for a few more picture, and we walked into the building.

"You did great for your first time on the red carpet." "Well I practiced walking and posing on the red carpet when I was little, because I knew I wanted to be famous." He deeply chuckled and smiled. When we walked into the Rainbow Room, it was amazingly decorated. Chandeliers were hanging down, they had a small stage where they would auction things off, it was decorated with the colors dark purple maroon and gold, which in my opinion it looked regal. Atticus led us to a table where a man, and a woman were sitting and talking. "Mother, father, this is my girlfriend Margaret Sage." He said with a smile on his face.

A kind woman stood up, she dark blonde hair, and green eyes. "Hi, I'm Amy Holdon, and this is my husband Tiberio Holdon, but we just call in Tiber. You can call me mom or my name I don't mind either to be honest." I was shocked by how welcoming she was. She hardly knew me, but welcomed me with open arms. "Hi Amy, as you know my name is Margaret Sage, but you can call me Margaret or Marg, and I must say that I love that dress you are wearing tonight." She thanked me and lightly blushed. I looked over at Atticus' father who was looking at me, like he was trying to figure out if I was a scam or not. I held my hand out for him to shake, might as well make an effort right. He finally smiled, and pulled me in for a hug. We all sat down when the auction began.

The first couple things that were auctioned off were paintings, then came some vases, and we soon got to the jewelry part. I was most excited for this part, not because I was able to afford any of it, but to look at how beautiful each piece was. They auctioned off some earrings, a bracelet, and a ring. Then came the last thing that was going to be auctioned off. It was exactly like the Heart of the Ocean off of the Titanic movie. It was like love at first site when I saw it. Not only is that one of my favorite movies, but the ship Titanic is such a sad story.

I saw Margaret eyeing that blue necklace, and since I am a billionaire I decided I would buy it for her. " Ok, the bidding starts at 100 dollars, anybody for a 150?" The price soon went up to
$5,000, the auctioneer called to the last bid, I raised my for $5,100. The other bidder kept raising it, it was about to hit $6,000, when I yelled $10,000 dollars out. The necklace was sold to me, I looked down at Margaret to see her mouth wide open. "Who did you buy that for?" She asked me. "For someone special." And I didn't say anything else to her, I saw the jealous look in her eye, but little did she know it's for her.

Dinner was served, after that everybody began to dance. "Would you care to dance milady?" She took the hand I stuck out for her, and we made our way to the dance floor. We had been dancing for a little while, when some asshole bumped into my woman. "Hey, watch where you're going!" I yelled at him. He turned around, that's when Margaret yelled Tanner.

"Who's this?" I asked her, with jealousy in my voice. "This is uh, this is my ex-boyfriend, Tanner. So Tanner what are you doing up here, aren't you suppose to be back in Rightville running your Daddy's Firm?" I could tell Margaret was uncomfortable being around him. I hooked my arm around her waist, and gave her a forehead kiss. "Well I run both my daddy's and my uncles law firm, which is up here because he didn't have a heir to take it over. So here I am an elite in New York. So Marg, how bout' you tell me who your friend is."

I didn't wait for Marg to answer, "My names Atticus Holdon of Holdon Inc. and I'm Margs boyfriend. "Hmm, so Marg the prude got herself a boyfriend, remember I had to force it out of you." He then walked away with a raise of his glass, and a sinister smile.

"Okay Ladies and Gentleman, I know I said that the last auction was jewelry, but we have the last one, which is the most special. If I may, can I have Nicole Showman, Ashley Tanza, and Margaret Sage to the stage please. I looked at her to see if she had any clue what was going on, but she had the same clueless look I had. Nevertheless she walked up there like a true lady.

"Gentleman get your wallets, and checks out. Tonight we have the three most beautiful ladies in the room tonight, and three lucky men can win them." I was furious, who did they think they were, auctioning my girl off to filthy old men, that probably had to take a whole bottle of Viagra just to get it up halfway.

Margaret looked at me with a "please rescue me," kind of look. I knew I was going to win her. The first girl was sold for $7500, and the second girl was only sold for $5000, then the time came for my baby.

"Ok starting off with Ms. Sage, she's 22, and is the top writer at Vogue, how about we start at $1000?" "$1500!" "$3000!" "$5000!" The bids kept coming in until they reached $20,000, everybody was shock. At this point, Margs ex-boyfriend would be having a date with her but I then shouted my bid. "$23,000!" He challenged me back with 23,500. We kept challenging each other u too we were at $50,000. I was quiet, I bet he thought he had won. "$1,000,000!" Gasps were heard all around the room when I made that bid. "Going once, going twice, sold to Mr. Atticus Holdon!" I could see Tanner glaring at me all the way across the room. I walked up on stage, hooked my arm around Margaret's waist, and gave her a passionate kiss to warn all the other men that she was my woman.

"Hey lets get out of here, you okay with that?" She nodded her head, so I guided her to the limo. I told my driver to go to my apartment. When we arrived, I led her to my penthouse. When we walked in she gasped. "Okay, so some things may look a little girly, but I let my mom decorate it and she went a little overboard, so yeah." "No, it's beautiful." I thanked her and we began our night.

______________________________________
Ok, I'm sorry it took longer than normal to get this chapter up, I really don't have an excuse I've just been really lazy for the past few days. But anyways the picture at the top is what I kind of picture Atticus' apartment would look, but also not. I hope you enjoyed, comment, vote, and follow me!

~RW