Chapter 4

*Edited*

I waited for about 15 minutes, which were some of the most agonizing minutes of my life.

"Margaret Sage." I heard my name being called, and looked up. They lady motioned me to follower her. We walked down a long hallway, with many offices, and people running around. After a couple seconds, we stopped at two huge glass doors. "Ms. Anna Wintour will conduct your interview now." I nodded and pushed open the glass doors.

Walking into the sleek, modern office, I saw the prominent Chief Edior of Vogue, the mastermind.
She was typing away at her computer, when she glanced up at me, and told me with her hand to come sit down.

I walked a couple steps, and sat down in the lavish chair. "Hi, I'm Anna Wintour, what's your name?" I told her my name, waiting for her to say something back. "Ahh yes, Margaret Sage, I remember reading your résumé. And I must say, I am wide substantially impressed by it."

I smiled widely, and folder her thank. "I'm going to be quite honest with you Ms. Sage, I don't think you're right for this job," I frowned and looked down "I just got an opening for the head writer in the writing department. I know it's crazy, but I've seen some of your work, your prior knowledge from working at 101, plus with your recommendations, you seem like the perfect person. Do you accept the job?" I nodded my head excitedly. "Great, now let me show you your office."

"As you know, Vogue owns the floors 50-60, you will be on the 57th floor, and will have 10 employees, and a assistant. You're the boss of these people, so if they don't withstand your standards, you have the power to fire or hire them. Use it wisely." We walked into the elevator, and she pressed the floor button. We went down, and we stepped out when the doors opened.

I saw all of my workers watching us when we walked towards my new office. Here is your office, Zaya your assistant, will catch you up on things. This is where I leave you, and good luck Margaret."

After that Ms. Wintour walked off. I turned around and saw a short, tan, blonde girl standing in front of me. "Hello Ms. Sage, I'm Zaya your assistant, if you need anything I am here to serve your needs." She told me in a peppy voice.

"Well Zaya, can you organize a floor meeting in the conference room for me, and it is to begin in ten minutes." "Of Course mam, I'll be back when it's ready." I nodded my head, and she headed off to get things ready. I walked into my new office admiring everything. I had a wall of windows, with blank white walls, black furniture, and an Apple Computer.

After a couple minutes, Zaya came back and told me everything was ready. I walked down the hall to the Conference Room, where I saw all my workers sitting. "Hello, my name is Margaret Sage, and I'm your new boss. Yes I am young, 23 to be exact, but age is not a limiting circumstance that will affect my job. I hope none of all expect to walk all over me, I stand my ground. Hopefully we can all become great acquaintances!" After I greeted them, I told them my standards and got all of there names.

I learned that we had 6 female writers, and 4 male writers. We talked for a couple more minutes, and then I told them that we should all get back to work. I walked back to my office, with Zaya hot on my heels. I sat down in my comfy leather chair, while Zaya stood in the door way. "Zaya, can you order me some blue fabric chairs, a bulletin board, a whiteboard, some fashion paintings, and tell me what's my first job?" "Of course I will get all that order, and your first job is to interview and write an article on Atticus Holdon."

I made a surprised face, which made her question me. "I may or may not have kicked him out of my cab this morning" I told Zaya. That made her giggle, I told her to call Holdon Inc. and schedule an appointment for me with him today. She nodded and walked out the door. I settled into my chair, and let out a huge sigh. After about a minute or two, I decided it was time to start working. I turned my computer on, and uploaded everything I needed on to there.

Deciding to start on my article, I looked up Atticus Holdon on Google. Clicking search, I saw millions of new and gossip articles on him. He was absolutely gorgeous with his dark, fluffy hair, and blue eyes, he looked like an angel. I found out that he was only 27, and already a billionaire. Plus he didn't inherit his fortune, he made it off numerous things. After an hour, Zaya came to my office and told me my interview was scheduled for 1:45. It was already 12:57, so I decided to go ahead and head out. I told Zaya I was going to grab lunch on the way back from the deli around the corner if she wanted anything. All she wanted was a ham sandwich.

I stepped onto the elevator, and pushed the 1st floor button. Stepping out onto the busy New York streets, everything was buzzing around me. Holdon Inc. was only a couple blocks away so I walked it. I decided I was hungry then, and wanted to get my myself lunch then, I walked into the deli on the corner, and ordered me a ham, spinach, ranch sandwich, with Doritos on the side. The nice man put it in a bag, and I tipped him a couple dollars. By the time I got to Holdon Inc. it was 1:30.

I walked into the lobby, and asked the man which floor Atticus was on. He told me it was the 50th floor, and I could take the elevator. I got up there and told his assistant my name. She told me that he was in a meeting, but I could go on back to his office. I walked back and sat in one of his chairs, since he wasn't in there, I started eating half of my sandwich. I guess I was to caught up in the delicious sandwich, I didn't hear the door open.

I felt the chair spin around, and soft fingers break off a piece of my sandwich. "Hello, cab stealer!"