Chapter 16

~November~

November soon came, and New York turned cold. Vogue let employees have a week off for Thanksgiving unless you have something really important to finish. Fortunately I finished all my assignments for the issue this month.

Me and Atticus planned to go to my house on 21,22,23, and 24. Then we would come home and celebrate a late thanksgiving with his parents on the 25th. Then the rest of week we had off and we were going to use it as our lazy days.

It was Thursday the 19th, and I was trying to pack for me, and help Atticus. Since we were going to be down there for four days, I packed four outfits, and a spare one just incase. Plus I still had some clothes back at home. I packed three pairs of shoes that were universal. My brown 8in bean boots, my knee-high Tory Burch chestnut boots, and a pair of nude heels that went with everything.

Putting necessities in my little cosmetic bag, I packed my everyday makeup, toothbrush, shampoo, and soap. Once I was done with my suitcase and carry-on, I helped Atticus, because he's never really been that south, and really didn't know the climate.

Since Alabama was south, it didn't become super freezing, but it wasn't in 100's. It was a mild temperature, some times getting below the freezing point, but never higher than 75 in the winter.

Walking into his bedroom, I saw him looking through his closet, trying to figure out what to pack. Hugging him from behind, I started kissing his neck, and his shoulder. Pulling me in front of him, he kissed me on the lips, and pulled away a couple seconds later. "As much as I would love to do that, I need to pack, so I can impress your parents!"

Laughing at his worry, I told him my parents would absolutely love him. I walked into his closet, and pulled out a Vineyard Vines navy pullover, and a pair of khakis. Holding it up to see if he was okay with what I picked out. Nodding his head, he ushered me to go ahead and pick the rest of his outfits.

I picked 3 more outfits, his 6 in' brown Bean Boots, some nice dress shoes, and his Sperry's. Folding them carefully, so they wouldn't wrinkle to bad, I placed them gently into his suitcase. I told Atticus he could pack his cosmetics, and what ever else he needed. I walked back into his living, and turned the tv on, flipping the channel to Abc Family, because they were having a Disney marathon.

You're never to old for Disney movies, Atticus had finished up, and sat next to me. He kept staring at me, like he was trying to find something. Turning my head towards him, I asked him, "is there something I can help you with?"

"Why yes Ms. Sage, I was wondering if your a 24 year old woman, or a 4 year old child?" Looking down at my lap, I began to produce fake tears, Atticus looked down at me, and his eyes widen. "Baby what's wrong, are you hurt, I'd it because I called you a 4 year old, your not, I promise!"

I began laughing, he began glaring at me realizing I punk'd him. "Awe babe, you can't be mad at me, plus I was kid I mad you called me a 4 years old, all ages can watch Disney movies thank you very much!"

He pecked me on the lips, and pulled me into his lap.

~~Two days later~~

The 21st came fast, Atticus and I were on our way to Rightsville, Alabama. He drove us to JFK airport, where we boarded onto his private jet. Fucking rich people!

It took about 2 1/2 hours to get there, and I may have not told my family, because I wanted to surprise them. We grabbed a taxi, and rode to my favorite place. My family and I weren't filthy rich, but we weren't penniless. We were upper middle class, and really didn't have to worry about money.

We lived in a 4 story home, with a basement, main floor, and then the other two floors. The taxi driver drove down my long driveway, I saw my white Jeep sitting in the barn, while others were circled in the drive way. Once the taxi stopped, me and Atticus got our luggage, and walked up to the front door.

I knocked, and I heard a faint voice telling me to hold on. I soon heard the creaking of the front door, that I had came to love over my childhood years. My mother had her head turned towards the tv before she looked at me. She looked at me and her jaws dropped! "Hi mama!" She started crying happy tears, and I hugged her tightly.

I knew Atticus was standing there awkwardly, but I didn't care at the moment. Pulling away from the hug, I couldn't contain my smile. She ushered us in, so we grabbed our suitcases, and sat them by the front door. "Ah my baby, who is this? " "Mama this is my boyfriend Atticus Holdon, Atticus, this is my mother Carol Sage!"

Atticus stepped forward to shake her hand, but she pulled him into a hug. "Well Atticus, it's great to meet you! Are y'all hungry, I bet y'all are. I'll fix Margaret's favorite, Lima Beans with pork, fried chicken with cream corn, and green beans!"

My mouth watered at the sound, missing my mamas cooking was the hardest thing to leave. I showed Atticus my room on the second floor, it was all white, because you could decorate it anything you want. I told him to set out suitcases in my walk-in closet and unpack later. Walking back down together we sat at the bar, just talking with my mother.

"Hey mama, where's everybody else?" "Well Dixon, and your Daddy went down to the shop, and A.J. is with Mark." Mark is A.J.'s fiancé, nodding, I just sat there and stared at Atticus.

It was about a hour when Dixon, and daddy came home. I wanted to surprise them so I hid behind the counter, and Atticus was still sitting at the bar. Daddy was the first to walk in, and then Dixon. You could hear daddy's mud boot squeaking against the floor, while Dixon's everyday Sperrys were as quiet as a mouse.

They walked into the kitchen, and I peaked over the side of the counter. I saw their expressions to see a strange man sitting at the bar. Before they could say anything, I popped up and yelled surprise.

Daddy ran up to me and gave me a great big hug. After pulling away, I still saw Dixon standing there in shock. I ran up to him, and knocked him over with my great big bear hug. I think Dixon is the one I missed most of all. We finally got up from our hug, and then they turned their heads toward Atticus.

"Dixon, Daddy, this is Atticus Holdon, my boyfriend." I looked down at the floor, and started to fiddle my fingers together. I had never got a boyfriend without them meeting him first.

All I had to say, is Atticus better be careful

⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️⚫️
Hey guys so I made this one a little longer, and the picture at the beginning is her family, and house!

-RW