SHOT 65

Third person's pov!

"Today, you have to answer me, Sid." Jeevika was startled out of her thoughts when she heard the loud voice of her grandmother.

It seems she wasn't the only one waiting for Sid to get home.

Jeevika hurried out of the bedroom and saw Siddharth on the first landing of the stairs, clenching and unclenching his fists, with his back to their grandmother.

Jeevika walked towards them, not wanting her brother to blast at their ageing grandmother.

"I am asking you something, Sid. Why would you do something like that? You yourself proposed Bhavna in front of us. Then why would you call off the engagement? " Dadi asked again.

"Sid," Jeevika called softly as she neared her brother.

She was scared that he would do or say something that would hurt their grandmother.

By that time, Parth, Kalpana chachi and Darsh chacha had also come out of their bedrooms, listening to the loud voice of the Raichand matriarch.

"Dadi, relax. It was our fault. We forced him when he made it clear that he isn't interested in marrying her or anybody at all. I didn't think through it all until Nidhi pointed it out today.." Jeevika said softly to her grandmother, but Siddharth was beyond mad listening to that name again.

"Nidhi, Nidhi, Nidhi!" He yelled, turning back to face his family members.

Kalindi Raichand was stunned to see the fury on her grandson's face.

He had always been an angry young man. But this one tops all his burst outs.

"This is all because of her. Parinidhi Vyas!" Siddharth said angrily.

The listeners frowned, wondering what Nidhi has got to do with Siddharth and Bhavna's engagement.

"What are you saying Sid?" Dadi asked in confusion.

"Ever since she stepped foot into my life, she has been troubling me. She annoys me like no one does. She makes me crazy. She brought hell upon me. I have never had a proper peaceful sleep ever since she came into my life. All I can think of is her. Her eyes, her smile, her voice. And her tears. Her bloody tears that never lets me sleep. Nidhi Nidhi Nidhi!" Siddharth complained, hissing and the others gaped at him stunned.

As the people around him remained silent, Siddharth continued with his complaints.

"For fu*cks sake, I yelled at Bhavna for dressing up like Nidhi. And when I apologised, I had to go and call her Nidhi, because all I could think about was the times I yelled at Nidhi. How do you think it makes me feel? How do you think that made Bhavna feel? I felt like a bl*ody cheater." Siddharth said in anguish.

Before anybody could respond, he continued his rants.

"It made me feel like I am cheating Bhavna. So yes, I broke off the engagement with Bhavna because I couldn't hurt her anymore. She is better off without me." Siddharth said in a defeated tone..

"But Nidhi..." Jeevika began softly as she was trying to connect all the dots.

"Stop it, di. Stop taking her name again and again. After all the hell she had brought down into my life, she is happily wearing another man's ring. How dare she? Like hell I will let her marry that guy!" With that said, Siddharth marched towards the stairs leading to his bedroom upstairs, leaving a bewildered family behind.

"Hey Bhagwan!" Kalpana chachi was the first one to break the silence.

Parth shook his head to clear his thoughts and then he looked at his sister.

"Did he just? Did he just declare that he is in love with Nidhi? Or am I still sleeping and dreaming?" Parth asked in utter confusion.

"What nonsense did he splutter now?" Dadi asked angrily.

"It seems he loves Nidhi, Dadi. I saw some things in his cupboard tonight. I was confused, but he just cleared them now." Jeevika said, as now all things are clear for her.

"What things?" Parth asked curiously.

"He had our momma's jewellery box in his cupboard. And there were things inside it. Two golden bangles. Which belongs to Nidhi. Then there were some broken glass bangles there. Like the ones Nidhi usually wears. And then there was a torn end of a dupatta. I assume they are also Nidhi's. And along with these things there was a photograph of Nidhi. A photograph he took while we were at a temple." Jeevika said.

"Temple?" Parth asked in confusion.

"Yes. I took him once to light the diya in the Shiv Parvati shrine behind the temple. We had met Nidhi and her sister there that day. In the photograph, Nidhi was wearing the same dress she wore that day to the temple." Jeevika said.

"Oh bhai. What is he going to do? I don't think he has realised he is in love with her yet." Parth said, feeling pity for his brother.

"What are elder sisters for Parth? I will make him realise." Jeevika said excitedly and happily.

"You will do no such thing." Dadi decreed.

"But why? You like her, don't you Dadi?" Jeevika asked hopefully.

"I do. But not enough to make her the daughter in law of Raichand Family." Dadi said and Jeevika looked at her in disbelief.

"Dadi, how can you say that?" Jeevika asked in horror. She had never expected her grandmother to be such an elitist. So, this is where Sid inherited this from, because their parents were never elitists. They were both down to earth people.

"Don't argue on this, Jeevika." Dadi warned.

"Sid loves her Dadi. What more qualifications do you need? Out of all the people he has met in his life, especially working in a fashion industry where all kinds of women come and go, he has fallen for Nidhi. That means she is special." Jeevika argued hotly.

"As it is, Nidhi is engaged. Sid already broke his engagement. Do you want him to go and break hers too? I don't want that. She seemed very happy with that boy today," Kalindi said with a shrug of her shoulders.

"But Dadi..."

"No more discussions on this, Jeevika." With that said, Dadi left.

Jeevika was quite not very happy with Dadi's decision.

Yes, her brother is an angry impulsive stupid.

But he too deserves love.

If Nidhi is his one chance at love, then she will do everything in her power to unite them.

As it is, she knows Nidhi is not engaged to that boy. And financial status is not a measure to judge anybody.

Parth shook his head, feeling empathetic for his brother.

He had seen how stubborn the elder Vyas sister is.

He remembered how she had politely smiled at him and walked away, ignoring him a couple of days ago. He was sure that by now she is very much aware of his feelings, with the number of times he wanders around outside the tuition class where she teaches her students. But she pretends as if she has no idea.

If the silent shy Priyadarshini Vyas could be this stubborn, he can only imagine how stubborn the usually stubborn younger Vyas sister would be.

His brother could try, but it would be a difficult battle. A battle full of thorns which he himself has sprinkled on.

A/N

Here goes the next shot..

Please do vote and comment...

Love,

SF❤️