SHOT 71

GUYS! DON'T DROP DOWN THE VOTES. GIVE ME THOSE 200 VOTES YOU GAVE ME FOR THOSE TWO CHAPTERS. I DESERVE ATLEAST THAT FOR ALL THE EFFORT I PUT IN TO GIVE REGULAR UPDATES.. 🥺

As Siddharth reached home, he walked straight to his grandmother's room, where the old lady and his sister were engaged in idle chit chat.

Kalindi Raichand was startled when she saw her grandson coming straight to her room from the office.

This has never happened before. He would usually go straight to his bedroom, and work a little more. And then to relax, he would do some workout. And then he would come down only for dinner.

"Sid?" Kalindi raised an enquiring brow at him in surprise.

Siddharth sat on the couch facing his sister and grandmother.

"Dadi, I need to speak to you," Siddharth said seriously.

"Okay. Tell me what it is?" She asked, leaning forwards to listen to what he has to say.

"I want you to go to the Parinidhi's House tomorrow to ask for her hand in marriage." Siddharth said openly. Once he had accepted that he was in love with Nidhi, he found everything else easy to say.

Kalindi Raichand stared at her grandson in shock.

"I know you are aware of my feelings, Dadi. Di told me everyone knows. So, there is no point in beating around the bush. I will arrange for the gifts to be ready by the morning. All you have to do is go there and talk to her family." Siddharth said as though ordering his employees.

"No," Kalindi Raichand said and it was time for Siddharth to be shocked.

"What do you mean by no?" He asked with a frown on his face.

"No means, I will not go there taking your proposal." Kalindi said with a finality in her tone.

"Why not?" Siddharth asked in disbelief.

"We are The Raichnads, Sid. When we look for proposals for our sons, we want it from an equally standing family." Kalindi said bluntly.

Siddharth sucked in a breath as he heard what his grandmother said.

"Dadi, please don't say that." Jeevika begged her grandmother.

"Don't argue with me on this. I don't have anything against the family. The girl is nice too. But not fit to be a Raichand bride." Dadi said arrogantly.

"He loves her, Dadi. He is serious about her" Jeevika pleaded her brother's case.

"Well, he was in love with Bhavna a month ago. Some other girl before that. And another girl even before that. I am sure this too would pass." Kalindi dadi said sarcastically.

"I never claimed to be in love with Bhavna. I admit, I proposed to her, but that was my futile attempts to keep myself away from Nidhi. It failed miserably. Even then, I had made it clear to Bhavna that there will be no love in that relationship.I never said the word love. Neither to her, nor to you. I wouldn't lie about something so important, Dadi." Siddharth said vehemently and the old lady was taken aback a bit.

The way Siddharth was speaking and acting was reminding her of her own son. The way her son Yash had loved Lekha. A mad kind of love. And it scared Kalindi. Because Yash couldn't handle Lekha's loss. If something were to happen to Nidhi, then Sid...

"It doesn't matter. It is not going to change anything." Dadi said adamantly.

Siddharth Singh Raichand is quite the manipulator. He has seen enough people in his life to know how to deal with people.

And his grandmother will only fall for the emotional angle.

"Right. You won't. Only if my momma was alive, I wouldn't have had to come to you, Dadi. Well, orphans do not have choices, right?" Siddharth asked bitterly and the old lady was stunned at that.

"Sid, what nonsense are you talking about? Have anybody here made you feel like an orphan? You are our child." Dadi said emotionally.

"I don't think so. If my momma was alive, she would have been happy that I had fallen in love with a girl like Nidhi. But no one here seems to think that way." Siddharth said sarcastically.

"You are wrong, Sid.." Dadi said.

"Then prove it, Dadi." Siddharth dared.

"Fine. I will take your proposal to the Vyas family.." Dadi said grudgingly.

"Ah, don't go there with the arrogance you have of being the matriarch of Raichand family, dadi. Keep in mind that you are taking the proposal of a man who is the son of a drug addict alcoholic, who committed suicide. Keep in mind that you are taking the proposal of a formed playboy. When it comes to family values and character, they would be a step above us." Sid said sarcastically and Kalindi dadi glared at her grandson angrily.

"Oh really? Then with what hope are you sending us? They definitely know you. You think they will give their daughter's hand in marriage for a playboy like you?" Dadi wasn't one to back down.

Siddharth scowled at his grandmother and walked out of her room. He will impress the hell out of the Vyas family if needed and they would happily give their daughter to him.

****

Next morning, the Raichands except Siddharth reached Vyas House.

"Hey Bhagwan! Come in, come in. What a surprise!" Bhadra Bua exclaimed as she spotted the Raichands at her doorstep and ushered them inside.

Soon tea and snacks were served. Parth couldn't take his eyes off the delicate beauty serving the tea for them.

Priya, turned red, seeing that the man was as usual staring at her.

"Is Nidhi not home?" Kalindi asked.

"Uh no. We are serving sweets and snacks to some cafes. She had gone to one of those cafes." Chandni, Nidhi's mom, answered.

"We are not going to beat around the bush. We are here to ask for Nidhi's hand in marriage for my grandson." Kalindi said, shocking everyone.

Priya looked up at Parth in shock. Her heart breaking.

Parth frowned in confusion seeing the way Priya looked at him.

"Hey Bhagwan. This is such good news. We don't know what to say." Bhadra Bua said.

"But we will have to discuss with Nidhi first." Jairaj, Nidhi's father added quickly, not wanting his sister to already fix the wedding without Nidhi's consent.

Kalindi was momentarily stunned. She didn't expect them to be happy about the proposal. Jeevika was ecstatic seeing that there will be no unwanted drama.

"We have seen Parth many times. He comes often to the market nearby. Nidhi has also talked so highly about him. That he had helped her many times during her work in Rey Designs." Bhadra Bua continued sending a fond smile Parth's way, making him choke on his tea.

"No, no Bhadra Bua. You are mistaken. I am not the groom." Parth interrupted immediately, wanting to clear the confusion.

Priya let out a breath, she didn't know she was holding.

"Oh. You have a grandson we haven't seen yet?" Bhadra Bua asked in confusion.

"Bhadra ji. We are here to talk about Siddharth's marriage." Kalindi said awkwardly.

"Hei? His fiance is back? So, the engagement is happening, after all?" Bhadra asked, still not connecting the dots.

"Uh no. Our Sid expressed his wish to marry Nidhi. So we are here to ask her hand in marriage for our Sid." Kalindi dropped the bomb, shocking the Vyas family..

A/N

What do you think would be the Vyas family's reaction? 

Please do vote and comment..

Love,

SF❤️