SHOT 67

Third person's pov!

Siddharth Singh Raichand simply stared blankly at the laptop screen, reading the same line again and again. But he wasn't even able to comprehend the words. It was an important contract. Mr Thomson, his legal team head, had gone thoroughly through the contract and given the go ahead. But he usually go through the contract again before signing.

But he wasn't able to focus on the words. His mind was far far away!

His brain came up with a million retorts he could say, when Pariniidhi Vyas asks him the obvious question.

Why did he have her bangles with him? And why did he keep them with him all along? Why didn't he return it earlier?

"Sir, the site survey of the American company, D-fab is scheduled for this afternoon" Mukul said as he came into the cabin and extended another file for his signature.

"Okay," he said and signed the papers without checking them.

Mukul stared at his boss in shock when the man signed a document without reading it.

That is a first. Mukul is aware that he is among the very short list of people Siddharth Singh Raichand trusted. But Sid has never signed a document, without cross checking them himself.

"Uh Sir. You didn't read the document," Mukul said awkwardly, snapping Sid out of the daze he was in.

Mukul watched in fascination, as he visibly tried to pull himself together.

What happened to this man? Why is he so undone today? Mukul wondered.

The last time he had seen, or maybe the only time he had seen Sid undone like this was while a tornado named Parinidhi Vyas worked in Rey Designs.

She had managed to get under the Sid's skin and make him go nuts by challenging anything and everything he does.

Mukul shook his head to dispel the unwanted thoughts from his head. He is not going to be paid for psychoanalysing his boss. He better stick to his job, if he needs a paycheck at the end of the month.

Siddharth sighed in relief as soon as Mukul stepped out of his cabin.

If he isn't careful, he will definitely make a fool of himself in front of his employees and clients.

****

Nidhi did the small work of carrying files from one executive to another, taking Xerox copies of important files making work easier for the other employees.

The temp agency where she had registered with, had called her a couple of days ago, asking her to fill in the role of an errand girl in a startup company in Mumbai.

She is employed only for two weeks, as the permanent errand girl of the company is on a sick leave.

The job kept her busy and helped her to keep herself from thinking about a certain angry Raichand.

"Nidhi, please give this to Mishra," an employee said handing over a file to Nidhi and she took it with a smile.

The people here were all good to her. They treated her like an equal. Used the words please sorry and thank you without hesitation.

Her phone rang indicating an incoming call and she saw it was from her sister.

"Di," Nidhi answered on the second ring.

"Nidhi, come to the Shiv mandir after work. We will go home together from here," Priya said.

"Okay di," Nidhi said and hung up the call.

Her sister had taken up an additional job with a local tailor near Nidhi's workplace. They travel together to and from work. Today, her sister seems to get off work early and decided to wait for Nidhi at the Shiv mandir.

****

Siddharth Singh Raichand stopped the car in front of the Shiv mandir.

The golden bangles were safe in the inside pocket of his jacket, close to his heart.

He raised a hand and touched over there, just to make sure it was there.

He had called Nidhi's number to know where she was and his calls went unanswered. And that fueled his anger further.

How dare she ignore his calls. Who does she think she is?

He stepped down from his car and slipped off the shades and pocketed them.

He looked up at the temple and somehow he knew he could find her here.

He looked around, his eyes scanning the whole area, trying to spot her.

His eyes widened when he spotted her. She was wearing a multi coloured anarkali as always. His lips twitched into a smile seeing her. His rainbow!

Suddenly, the smile disappeared and he marched towards her with determined steps.

"Ms Vyas," he called out as he neared her and clenched his teeth as a wary look entered her eyes. That was not what he wanted to see in her eyes.

What the hell do you even want? His subconscious mind taunted, but he didn't have an answer for that.

"Damn it! Why the hell didn't you attend my calls? Who the hell do you think you are to ignore my calls?" The anger overpowered everything and he lashed out at her.

"I was working, Mr Raichand. And I figured there is nothing important for us to talk about anyway. So why waste both our time?" Nidhi asked with a casual shrug which only angered him more.

"You figured? You think I am jobless and will call you without any purpose.?" He asked angrily.

"You tell me, Mr Raichand. Only you know," she said in a dismissive tone.

Siddharth took out the golden bangles and extended it towards her.

Nidhi's eyes widened when she saw the bangles.

"These bangles,...." she whispered softly.

"I believe this is yours, Ms Vyas. And I am here to return them," he said arrogantly.

"Yes," she nodded in confusion and wondered where he got this from.

She had pawned them at a jewel shop because Jeevika ji needed immediate medical attention and nobody was aware of it. How did he get these.

"I got this from the jewel shop where you pawned this," Siddharth said and Nidhi looked up at him in shocked surprise.

"I knew why you pawned them," Siddharth said.

Nidhi wanted to ask why he hadn't returned her bangles all these days, but she kept silent, because she knew what his answers would be.

'Neither you nor your things mean anything to me. Nothing related to you matters to me in any way.' The words he uttered not long ago echoed in her ears and she shut all the windows to her heart tightly before looking up at him.

"Thank you," Nidhi said, taking the bangle from his palm, leaving him shocked.

A/N

So, in the next chapter, Sid is going accept to himself that he is madly in love with Nidhi. 

If I get 200 votes for this chapter, I will give a double update today. I will post the next chapter as soon as the target is reached. If I don't get 200 votes today, you guys can read the next chapter on Monday as per the schedule..

Please do vote and comment...

Love,

SF❤️