Once upon a time.

Jai and I are the best of friends, we met in kindergarten. During recess I was hula hooping by myself because I didn't have any friends back then, and Jai walked over to me and asked me to come play ball with him. That moment I knew we would become good friends. The memory fades as I'm snapped back to reality, when Jai said "so are you going to help me pick out the engagement ring?" I forced a smile and say "sure." He smiles "Great." He replies. The waiter walked over with the check, I quickly grab it. "No, missy I'm paying, you know the rules I always pay." He says I reply "You have a girlfriend; I could pay for my own food you know." I didn't mean for that to come out rude sounding, but I know it did. He pulls his credit card out and hands it to the women, I sigh. He says "is something bothering you?" I reply "fine and dandy." The waiter comes back with his card and we head out.

 2 weeks later

 It's Saturday, Valentine 's Day 2:30pm. I'm cooped up in my apartment all by myself. I would call Jai but he is out with Nina, he's proposing tonight. I'm sitting on the couch eating chocolate my parents bought me for Valentine's Day, how depressing right. All of a sudden my door flies open and a very upset Jai walks in. I stand up quickly and say "what are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be with Nina." He replies pacing the floor "No, I can't believe this. I can't believe what just happened." I say "calm down and tell me what happened." He replies "I went to pick her up, and I walked in on her screwing some other guy." I just stay silent, I kind of had a feeling she was messing around on him. I can tell her type, I mean me and her don't get along after all. "and get this when I confronted her on it she said she didn't even love me she just wanted me so you can't have me." he says I just look at him. "I'm so sorry, Jai." He sits on my couch and I sit next to him. "By the way you have chocolate on your face." he says with a chuckle. I wipe it off with a napkin. He looks at the tv and sees its paused. "Finding nemo huh your favorite movie." I reply "I was feeling down I need a pick me up." He chuckles. I look at him. "I was just thinking I wasted $2,000 on an engagement ring." I reply "I'm sure you can get your money back." I pull the blanket I had on earlier back over my body when Jai pulls me over to him I lay my head on his chest and we continue to watch the movie. After the movie is done I fell asleep towards the end of the movie. I walk up and notice Jai is gone. I sigh. i look at my phone and see a text from him, had to step out be back soon sweetheart. The time is 4:00pm. I get off the couch and walk into the kitchen. I start looking for food and sigh when all I find is cocoa puffs. Jai walk in moments later and walks into the kitchen and sees me eating a big bowl of cereal. He chuckles and says "cereal for lunch?" I reply with a mouth full "shut up I'm hungry and this is all I have." He chuckles again. After I finish I walk into the living room Jai behind me. I gasp and see a bouquet of pink roses. "There your favorite flowers right?" I giggle, turn around and say "yeah, thank you." he smiles and says "love, You are my best friend. You mean so much to me, your my whole world. I love you so much." As he says that he get down on one knee and continues "I am more than sure you are more than a friend you're my soul mate. Will you marry me love?" I'm in tears he finally realizes that we are meant to be together. I smile wide and say "Yes, Jai I will marry you, I love you too." We kiss and he slips the ring on my finger. I gasp "Jai, this is the ring I feel in love with when I was helping you picking out rings." He smiles and says "I know love." I smile and I kiss him again. "I'm going to be Mrs. Courtney." I say with a very excited squeaky voice. He chuckles.

Years later.

"So that is how Daddy and I got together." I tell our 4 years old daughter. She smiles up at us. Jai says "I knew your mommy was my one and only." I smile at him. "Daddy, how did you get mommy's ring?" she says he says "I exchanged it with the other ring, i quickly went to the bank and got more money." She smiles. "alright kiddo lights out you start preschool tomorrow." I say we both kiss her goodnight and Jai tucks her in. As we were about to walkout she says "Wait how did I come along." I look at Jai when he says with a chuckle "well tell you when you're married princess." we both say "love you princess" and head to our room to get some much need sleep.