Happy Birthday!

I wake up and walk downstairs, my family is sitting at the breakfast table. It's our normal breakfast eggs, bacon and toast with strawberry jam. "Good morning." I say with a yawn. My mother replies "good morning dear." My older brother, James says "morning, please take off your mask your scaring all of us." I roll my eyes. My father is nose deep in the paper, he says "James grow up." I stick my tongue out at him. It was a normal breakfast except today is my 25th birthday.

I put my dishes in the sink and head upstairs to shower and get ready. I can't believe they didn't wish me a happy birthday. At least they could have wished me a happy birthday, even my annoying brother forgot my birthday. I shake my head and walk into my bedroom to find clothes for the day.

Inside my closet, I'm debating to wear my black leggings with my baby pink sweater or my white cable knit sweater, but then again there is always my go to outfit: black skinny jeans and my navy blue top. Ahh that's it the black skinnies and navy blue shirt, is my birthday outfit. I lay my clothes on my bed and head to my bathroom in my room to take a shower.

After my hot shower I get out and put on my robe, and walk to my vanity. After I do most of my makeup, I put on my outfit and I go back to my vanity so I can put on my favorite mascara, 'better than sex' by too faced and I decide to curl my hair.

While curling my hair, there was a knock at my door, "come in." In walks, Jai, my brother's best friend. "James went to hang out with Carrie." I say he replies "I wasn't here to see him I was here to see you. Happy birthday." I smile and reply "thank you." He smiles and says "what are you doing?" I say "curling my hair." He sits on the edge of his bed, watching me. "You remembered my birthday." I say he replies "of course." I reply "my family forgot." he just look at me. I continue "I can understand James, he's all over Carrie but I can't see why my parents didn't remember." He replies "I'm sorry, I brought you these." He hands me the most breath taking bouquet of pink roses. "Oh my, Jai these are beautiful, thank you so much." He smiles and says "your welcome, if I remember correctly you said pink roses where your favorite." I smile and I hug him.

"What are you doing for your birthday?" he asks I reply "nothing really." He says "how about we go out for lunch?" i smile and say "sure." I clean up my makeup real fast, turn off my curling iron. I walk downstairs, Jai following me.

We decide to go to 'Pita Pan." We both order our food, and I say "I can't believe you remember my birthday." He smiles and says "to be honest, I always had a crush on you." he says blushing I reply with a giggle "that funny." He looks at me with worry in his eyes I say "because I always had a crush on you, James told me to stay away from you." he smile and says "he told me to stay away from you to, but I couldn't keep you off my mind." I giggle and say "so is this our first date?" he chuckles "maybe." I giggle. Our food comes and we eat.

My mom finally remembered my birthday when someone asked her the date when she was at work. My family ended up throwing me a 'I'm sorry I missed your birthday' party. In which Jai asked me to be his girlfriend. James wasn't so happy, but he doesn't get to tell me who I get to date right? He's just my annoying brother.

From then on Jai hasn't missed a birthday of mine. Excpially as my husband he better never forget my birthday because that's the day we feel in love with each other. And this year, on his birthday I will be surprising him with the news of the birth of our first child.