High School Sweetheart

Jai and I have been together since freshmen year in high school. Tomorrow is our 5 year anniversary of being a couple, Jai promised me he would be back from California. Emily my best friend comes over so we can get our nails done. "so have you heard from jai is he coming home?" she asks I reply "no I haven't I hope he makes it home in time." She sighs and we head to get our nails done.

With Jai

"so tell me about your girlfriend maybe we can find one if I know more about her." the lady helping me says. I reply "she like's simple but elegant, and beautiful." She pulls 3 out and says "try looking at these and pick one."

2 hours later I'm on a plane heading home to my beautiful lady. I'm so excited to see her. We have been together so long I can't live without her. I still remember the day we became a couple.

Flashback

"So Friday is homecoming and you still don't have a girl to go with." said Ethan one of my best mates. I reply "I want to ask someone but I'm so terrified she would say no." I reply "grow a pair and ask her will you?" Ethan replies walking into his biology class. I turn around and walk 4 doors down to home economics.

Miss. Valerie was sitting at her desk doing attendance. I sit at our counters in our group kitchens. As soon as I sit down Paige walks in and she sits next to me. "hey," I say she smiles and says "hi." Then the weird kid in class came over to her "hey Paige I was wondering if you are going to the homecoming dance." He says nervously she was about to replie when "she going with me actually" Came out of my mouth I cant believe that just came out of my mouth. Paige says "im sorry, jai already asked my yesterday at lunch." I smile can't believe she went along with it. he walks away showing no emotion.

Right before the bell rings she turns to me and says "pick me up at 6:30 okay?" I smile and say "sure, see you tomorrow." I am screaming on the inside.

Flashback ends

I asked her to be my girlfriend after we won the rugby game at homecoming. We met in home economics aka cooking class. She was an amazing cook, I love her cooking. That's one of many reasons why I feel in love with her.

I walk into the house to my girlfriend cooking and her singing. I smile ear to ear. "honey, im home." I say stepping into the house. She comes running and jumps into my arms. "someone missed me." I say she replies "of course I did I love you so much." I smile and say "I love you too beautiful." After we eat dinner and she tells me about her week, I decide its about time I do this.

"Paige, I love you so much baby!" I say she replies "I love you too so much handsome." I smile and get down on my knee and say "Paige will you marry me?" she covers her mouth tears forming in her eye and she screams "YES!!" we kiss and hug. "Omg!" she says. I smile and she continues "so do you want to hear my news?" I nod she replies "I'm pregnant, we are having twins." My mouth drops open. I stay like that for what seems like forever. "twins? Where having .. your pregnant.. 2 babies." Is all I could get out of my mouth not forming a single sentence. She replies "yes you're going to be a daddy." I just look at her still in shocked. "are you okay?" she asked I nod and swallow hard "yeah, im just shocked we weren't exactly trying babe." I say she looks at me like she wants to cry. "no no don't cry, im happy im just shocked." She looks at me wiping tears away. We sit there in silence.

I finally say "honey, when did you find out?" she replies "two days ago the doctor said there are two." I smile and say "I Iove you baby, and I love our two babies too." She smiles and says "I love you too."

9 months later.

I'm holding my little daughter. I look down at her and smile. She looks just like her mom. I look over at my wife who is crying and say "I love you baby." She smiles and says "I love you too." After Lily is asleep I put her in her crib and I sit comforting my wife. "it's okay baby. We still have Lily." I say and she replies "it all my fault." I say "no, no, don't say that. It is not your fault you miscarried." Her tears streaming down her face. I kiss her and say "we can always make another one love." She smiles and says "can I hold lily." I nod and hand her to her. I say "I love our growing family." She smiles and kisses Lily's head.