Work Relations

Sorry I had to finish it as a one shot.

6:00am "Stay, Hey, all you had to do was stay Had me in the palm of your hand Then why'd you have to go and lock me out when I let you in Stay, hey, now you say you want it" I slap my alarm clock off and sit up. I look at the clock and curse. Ugh why, why do I have to get up so early? I thought to myself of course slipping some cues words under my breath walking into the bathroom. Looking at my reflection in the mirror I wash my face with my face cleanser to wake me up. After I feel like I am somewhat awake I grab my phone and turn on some jams and start dancing around while brushing my teeth.

"Good Morning." Ashley says as I wake in. "Good Morning." I say with a smile. I walk over to my office and set my purse down and there was a knock at the door. "Good morning here is your mail." Tom says I smile and say "thank you." My phone rings and it is Mr. Courtney "Hello Sir." I say he replies "come to my office." I say "Sure thing." I hang up and sigh.

I walk into his office and he says "good morning." I reply "good morning sir." he smiles at me and say "I want you to meet someone, you know I have been in this company for a long time, and I need a vacation I want you to meet your new boss for the next two months, you will still be assisting him." I nod confused. I hear the door open and I turn around to see who it is and my jaw dropped. "I want you to meet my son Jai, Jai Courtney." my heart fluttered. I am standing in front of the actor Jai Courtney. "Hello." He says I smile and say "Hello." Mr. Courtney says "this is my assistant, she will be assisting you." he smiles at me. "Not to interrupt you but I have to finish typing up the reports for the meeting later today. Excuse me." I say stepping out. Mr. Courtney give me a smile and say "no your fine go ahead." I smile and walk out.

Tap, Tap, Tap away at my computer typing to reports when I get a text from my best friend. "drink's at pink lagoon tonight." I smile and text back hell yeah girly. I get back to typing. After I finish I hit print and I walk to the copy room to make copies. "How do you work this stupid machine?" jai says I smile and say "need help?" he nods and I walk over and show him how to make it. He chuckles "I didn't know making coffee was this complicated." I giggle and say "it just this machine. You could have asked me to make it for you I don't mind. How do you like your coffee." he replies "2 sugars and a little bit of cream." I nod and mix it in there and hand it to him. "thanks." I smile when my phone goes off "Give it to me, I'm worth it Baby I'm worth it Uh huh I'm worth it Gimme gimme I'm worth it." I pick it up and say "hello, hey no I am at work I can't talk now I'll text you at lunch okay love you too." I smile and hang up. "Sorry Jai." I say he replies "no its okay? Was that your Boyfriend?" I say "no my mom. I'm single." he nods I can tell he is embarrassed for asking. "hey crazy lady." Alex says walking into the room. I say "sup Alex." I reply "what time tonight?" he asked "we are meeting at pink lagoon at 8 tonight." he says "the girls coming?" I nod. "why?" he shrugs "I don't know if Alisha's coming." I blurt out he turns around from stirring his coffee "you little!" I smirk and reply "I knew you liked her." He blushes "if you tell her I am going to tell your mom about..." I cut him off "I was drunk! And she already knows you like her and you know what she likes you." he replies "really she told you?" I smile and say "duh. Now if you excuse me I have to be getting back to work." he smiles "get back you work lazy butt." I look at him and say "oh wait till tonight." he replies you are so going to get wasted." I reply sticking my head back in "nope." He chuckles and I walk back into my office.

A few weeks later

I walk into my office and see flowers on my desk. I couldn't help but smile. I read the card 'thanks for helping make my first week special! –Jai' I smile wide and put the vase in the center of my circler table in my office. I smile and think how sweet. My phone buzzes and I hit the intercom system "can you come to my office dear." Mr. Courtney says. I reply "be right there." I walk into his office and he says "have a seat." I nod and sit down. "so how are you and my son getting along?" he asks I reply "good actually he sent me some flowers. How sweet of him." He smiles and say "I'm glad. But I have been thinking and I think I want to retire and stay home and spend time with my wife while I have the chance to you know. But I have a big problem." I look at him concerned he continues "the only way Jai can inherit the company if he gets married and has a family." I nod and sip my coffee. "There is where you come in, I want you to marry Jai." I spit out my coffee. "I know it's kind of sudden but you took care of me for 5 years i know you can take care of my son and I know you are an amazing women and I think you would be great for my son." I just look at him with my jaw to the floor. He wants me to marry Jai. I say "but Sir your son is an actor, he can get any girl he wants? Why me?" I say he replies "I don't want him marring some weirdo, and then the marriage will only last 2 years." I nod. "Will you please consider?" he asks I nod. He smiles and says "great." I smile and get up and walk out.