Finding Love

Prequel to: Closer.

I just got out a bad relationship. All I do is mope around the house, so my parent's decided it was best for me to get out of this crummy state. My dad has been friends with his best friend since early college, he lives in Australia with his wife and two kids. My dad thinks its best if I go stay with them so I can get my mind off my ex.

At the airport, my dad asks me "how are you feeling?" I just look at him and say "kind of excited and kind of nervous." He smiles and says "you will have fun with the Courtney's." I give a small smile and nod. "flight boarding to Australia at gate 4." The man says over the intercom. I look at my parents and they smile and give me a hug and send me off. My dad says "we love you sweetheart see you soon." I smile and weave.

When I get off the plane I walk over to get my bag "here let me get that for you." I turn around and see my dad's best friend standing there. I smile and let him get my bag. "it's nice to see you again." he says I smile and says "you too." I follow him to his car when I open the door to get in there sat the most gorgeous man I have ever seen. "hey you." Jai says all I could think was he has gotten even more hot then the last time I saw him. let's be honest this was kind of why I was excited to come back. "You coming with us or are you going to stand there staring at me?" Jai said with a chuckle. I smile "hey Jai, long time no see." I say climbing into the car. He chuckles. Once Jai's dad starts driving, his mom asks "how was your flight?" I say "it was fine, I watched some TV on my Ipad." Jai smiles at me. I smile back. "I am glad you are staying with us" she replies I smile and say "thanks for letting me stay. I don't know if my dad told you but I had a bad break up." She says "yeah your dad told us sorry about that sweetheart, he seemed like a jerk." I reply looking at my lap "you don't even know." Jai changes the subject "Stacey's traveling with her girlfriends so it's just the four of us" he says I smile and nod.

The next morning I walk up and realize its noon I walk downstairs in my pajamas. Jai was in the kitchen playing some music. "oh sorry did I wake you up?" he says I reply "no, no its noon its time for me to get my lazy butt up." He chuckles and asks "you hungry? There is some oatmeal in the pantry if you want some." I smile and walk into the pantry and get the pack of oatmeal I walk out and hear Jai playing guitar and sing. I pop a cup of water into the microwave and watch Jai. "you have an amazing singing voice." I say smiling. He chuckles and says "you're crazy, I'm just messing around." I giggle and I make my oatmeal and sit a crossed from him.

Jai and I became closer over the next 2 weeks. We went swimming in there pool, we played board games and we watched movies. Tonight he asked if I wanted to come hang out with him and his friends. I said sure because I don't want to be home alone. He's friend Cody is having a bond fire at his house. When we get there, jai introduces me to his friends. Jai hands me a beer. "no thank you, I don't drink beer." he smiles at me and says "I'll drink for the both of us." I smile and watch him chug down the beer. I giggle and one of his friends approach me "Are you single?" he asks with a smirk. Jai says "whoa back off Tom." He just winks at me and walks away, I say "thanks Jai." he hugs me. Later Jai is totally wasted and is standing in front of you. He slurs and says "babe you look so hot." I reply "Jai let's get you home." He replies to Tom "She's taking me home." He says with a chuckle. I reply "Jai, let's go." He puts his arm around me and we walk out.

In the morning Jai wakes up with a massive hangover, he comes down stairs and sees me cooking. "Breakfast will be ready in a few; there is meds and water on the table for you to take." He smiles and says "Thanks." I smile and continue cooking. I say stirring the eggs "Your parents don't know you came home drunk. I told them you were really tired." He chuckles and walks behind me and wraps his arms around me hugging me from behind. I smile and turn off the burner and when I turn he plants a kiss on my forehead i smile. Then he kisses my nose and then he leans in and kisses me right on the lips I couldn't help but kisses back. "thanks for taking care of me babe." He says in that husky Australian voice. I smile and say "it's my pleasure." He kisses my forehead again and we eat breakfast. From then on I knew Jai was mine and I Jai's.