I Still Love You

I lie in bed on a Friday night after tucking in my 5 year old, reading a romance novel. One of my favorite kind of stories, but I hate that all this romance bringing back my ex. Who I still love deeply, but it just didn't work out. He was more into his Career and other women. I found myself reading a scene in the book that reminded me of him, with tears streaming down my face. I wipe them away and turn the page.

My phone buzzes when I was half way down the page, I put my book down and pick up my phone and read the text. "hey it's Cassidy just a reminder my baby shower is Sunday at Noon. Can't wait to see you and Grace." I smile my good friend from high school is having her first baby, she helped we with Grace when Jai left us. I texted her back "We will be there for sure! We can't wait to see you too!" I turn back to my book putting my phone on charge.

Flashback.

"Hey baby!" jai says walking in from work. I walk out from the kitchen, run and jump in his arms. "I missed you so much." We kiss for what feels like forever and he says "I have a surprise for you." I smile and he grabs my hand and he pulls me into the bedroom, and I roll my eyes "Jai, not now dinner isn't don't, you little nasty." He chuckles and says "we can do that after dinner babe, Here." I sit on the bed and open the box. When I opened it I gasp "JAI!" he smiles and says "now who is the nasty one." I giggle and kiss him. "Grandma wanted me to give you her ring. This is your promise ring, I will always love you, I will always be here for you." I kisses him "thanks you, are you sure she wanted me to have this." He nods and says "she told me before she past away she wanted me to give it to you, you are here favorite, don't tell my sister that." I smile and kisses him again. Let's just say Grace came into the world that night. (lol)

Flashback ended

"Mommy." I jump. "what baby you scared me." she comes in and sits on the bed next to me. "can I sleep with you there is noises in my room." I kiss her forehead and say "just for tonight baby." She smiles and cuddles up to me and says "love you mommy." I turn off my bed side light and I lay down and say "love you grace." Stroking her hair lightly we both fall asleep.

On Sunday the day of the baby shower, I am trying to put Grace's hair in a ponytail with a bow. I make sure I look ok and I sleep my shoes. Holding on to Grace's hand and the present on the other I walk into the door and ring the bell. Cassidy's mom let me in and gave me a hug. "come, come." She says I smile and we walk in. Grace brought her backpack of a few Barbie's in case there wasn't going to be other kids to play with at the party. "Cassidy! Congratulations I'm so happy for you." I hug her she says "thank you. I am so happy you came, you look gorgeous." I smile and say "thank you." she gives Grace a hug. A littile while later after we eat, Cassidys mom is on the front porch with grace will I am talking to old friends.

"hey Grace, wow you are getting so big." Say a familier voice. Grace looks up and she start screaming "Stranger danger Stranger mommy!" I quickly get up and run into the front yard "Grace what's the matter." I say and I brush past the man standing there."mommy this man knows my name." I turn around on the heels of my feet getting ready to tell the man off when my jaw dropped. "Grace go on inside." I say Cassidy's mom grabs her hand and she picks up her dolls and goes inside. "What are you doing here?" I say in a harsh tone. "Cody is my best mate, he invited me." I roll my eyes and say "obviously that is why we are all here for the baby shower I mean why are you talking to my daughter?" he replies with a scoff "your daughter she is part of me too. I can't talk to her If I want. Look I am not trying to pick a fight." I nod and walk back into the back yard jai following. I go inside to check on Grace.

"mommy who was that man?" she ask me as I am washing her hands. I reply "Grace do you remember when you asked me how come you don't have a daddy?" She nods "well that is your daddy." I say slowly. She just looks at me. "baby you don't have to be scared he isn't here to hurt you or take you away from me. He is uncle Cody's best friend. She gives me a small smile. And we walk into the living room Jai is standing there talking to Cody. I walk into the kitchen after a little girl comes up to grace asking her to play. I over here jai say "yeah my life pretty sucks right now, I am not getting any roles and I am getting kicked out of my apartment. i have to go back to Australia to love with my parents." My heart sinks even thought I am mad at him he left me and Grace and took off. I walk out of the kitchen to go talk to Cassidy when jai and I made eye contact. I look away and go outside to talk to Cassidy.

Jai pov

"hey Grace, I'm your dad." She looks up at him. "I know mommy told me." she say playing with her favorite dolls hair. "Grace, you are getting so big baby girl." She just plays with her doll. "Grace I am sorry. I am sorry." I say with tears in my eyes. I left my own daughter and fiancée over my career. She just looks at me and says "its okay." My heart melts she forgives me. My daughter forgives me all if only I can get her mommy to forgive me. I kisses her forehead when I hear "Grace it's time to go sweetie." She is cleaning up her Barbie's when I say "darlin' can I see you and Grace again before I have to go back to Australia?" She just looks at me and after a few minuets she nod and they walk out.

Normal pov

I was sitting in the living room still shocked that I ran into him at of all places a baby shower. I can't stop thinking about him having to go back to Australia. Apart of me is still mad at him and the other part of me is still in love with him and wants us to get back together. I do want Grace to have her dad back. "mommy." I turn around and see Grace walking out of her room. I wave her over and she come's sits next to me. "Mommy. There is a ghost in my room." I say "Grace you been watching too much tv there isn't a ghost in your room." She replies "mommy she said she not going to hurt me. She wants you to forgive daddy." I look at her confused. "what." She counties "she said she is my Great grandma." I start to get a chill. "grace, you just had a dream." She replies "no mommy, I wasn't asleep she came and sat next my bed." I shake my head and say "you are sleeping with me tonight and I push her into my room.

The next morning after talking Grace to school I end up meeting up with Jai. "what exactly did you say to Grace?" I say he replies "I just apologized to her why?" I sigh and tell him about the Ghost. "That's freaky." Jai says I reply "yeah. do you think it's her?" he nods. "Yeah I bet she is pretty upset we aren't together." I nod and say "Jai, why don't you come stay with us." I blurted out. I just look at me confused. "Look I know about you getting kicked out of your apartment and I don't want to see you live on the street, even though I am still mad that you left us. I want you to come stay with us and be a part of Grace's life. He smiles and says "thank you. And I am so sorry that I left." I reply "well you can thank your Grandma, and you will have to regain my trust." I nods and says "I will do anything for you I still love you baby more than anything." I smile and dry the one tear in my eyes and say "I love you too." He leans in and kisses my forehead.