Nice Guys Finish Last (Pt. 1)

(MORE TO COME LATER)

It's Friday night again, every Friday night me and my friends go out and get drinks at the local bar. I especially need it because I had a horrible day. So, after work I ran home to quickly changing and then I was back out the door to head to the bar. I get there and of course my friend is sitting at our usual table. I walk over and sit down and sigh "I finally made it." Tiffany smiles at me and then says "Madison is bringing of course her boyfriend and his friend." I roll my eyes. I mean I don't mind her boyfriend but after two drinks Madison is all over him. Tiffany then goes on to say "I think she's trying to set you up with Craig's friend." I replied "no. no. no. NO." she says "oh come on you have to get over Jake." I roll my eyes the waiter comes over and I order "gin and tonic." I say he shakes his head and walks away.

As soon as we ordered Madison, Craig and his friend walk in. They sit down, Madison says "Hey girls this is Jai, Craig's friend." I look up from my phone and gasp. "You!" harshly I say he looks at me and says "well hello again." with a smirk. Craig asks "you two now each other?" I reply with "he's the reason why I had a crappy day." Jai rolls his eyes. Tiffany tries to loosen up the tension "so how are you to lovebirds?" Madison smiles and kisses Craig's cheek, "we are great." The waiter come back and says "sorry ladies about the wait." I smile and say "it's no problem." Taking my Alcoholic drink from him, he smiles at me and takes Madison's and Craig's order. Jai says while I drink "I'll have a Gin and Tonic." The waiter replies "just like your lady huh?" I just look at the waiter and shake my head. He says "sorry, but I think you two would make a cute couple." I down the rest of my drink and tip my glass to him ordering another one while frowning. Madison says "Jai is an Australian actor." I reply "Oh no wonder why he was so rude today." Jai looks at me and says "Look, I apologized earlier so if you want to hold a grudge then you by all means darlin'." I roll my eyes at him and Craig says "Okay, what exactly happened between you two?" I look at Tiffany ignoring him. Madison says sternly "(Y/N)" I look at her and she continues "it's Friday night, it's the weekend you are ruining the fun, just tell us what happened." I look at Jai who is staring right back at me.

"It all started when he wouldn't get off his phone, he was being rude." He jumps in "I was on the phone with my agent, talking about my next roll I couldn't hang up, and secondly I wasn't being rude." I tape my nail on the table when the drinks come. I take a drink and say "yeah okay but you could have said I'll be right with you, no you kept talking, ignoring me." He rolls his eyes I continue "I walked away because I got tired of waiting I had other orders to fill." He replies "yeah okay but you could have waited." I take another sip and put my glass down and say "you got me in trouble with my boss not only that but, she stayed at work to watched me take care of  other customers the rest of the day." He looks at me and says "sorry I didn't know that." I just look at him then at Tiffany and sigh. I down the rest of my drink. He finishes his at the same time.

I stand up and walk toward the bathroom, Madison follows me. "Look, the reason I brought him here..." I cut her off "so I can run off into the sunset with him, get married and have kids. Uh no thanks, not with that jerk." I say she just looks at me and sighs. "you need to get over Jake. He left you for another women and he's getting married." She say I reply "why does everyone think I still have feelings for him, I am over him." I say washing my hands. She hands me a paper towel. "I just want you to be happy" she says I reply "and Mr. Australian actor is going to make me happy?" I say she shrugs her shoulders and says "please, just be nice." I just shake my head and sigh "fine."

We get back to the table and they all ordered another round of drinks. "Welcome back ladies" Craig says I just look at him and fake a smile. "so how was work today Tiffy?" Madison says. I just look at her. She says "good, Liam asked me out." I squeal "why didn't you tell me earlier." She smile and says "you were too busy arguing with Jai." I ignore that comment and say "he is so gorgeous, when is this hot date." She smiles and says "Tomorrow we are going to dinner at Fancy's." I reply "aww snap! You are one lucky lady he is a total hottie." She giggles. And I take a sip of my drink when Tiffany elbows me. i look at her and say "what was that for." She says "sorry." I look at Jai who is staring at me. I say "what?" he just shrugs. Our waiter comes back and he says "another round?" I say "not for me can I have a coke and cheese fries please." He smiles and says "sure anyone else." Jai says "I'll have cheese fries also." I look down at my phone because I got a text message. It reads "Jai keeps staring at you ;)" I reply "really tiff?" she puts ;). I look up when I hear a familiar voice. "hey, Alexx how are you?" I say he replies "good how about yourself." I smile and reply "good, I haven't seen you in a while everything okay?" he replies "no me and Nadia broke up." I say "aw I'm sorry well it was nice seeing you again." he smiles and says "yeah it was great seeing you." he smiles and walks away. I make sure he Is out the door when I say "OMG! He so gorgeous! Know I have a chance with him." Jai rolls his eyes and chuckles. "What?" I say he replies "nothing, you really think he is the type of guy that is faithful." I raise an eyebrow and says "like you are that type of guy?" he just looks at me and I continues "you bought two bouquet of flowers for sweetest day." He looks at me and says "one's for my mom and the other my sister." I feel like an ass, I say "sorry, I didn't know." He just looks at me and nods. The waiter brings our cheese fries. Tiffany says "well I'm going home, I have a hot date tomorrow I need my beauty sleep." I wave at her with a mouthful of cheese fries. Jai chuckles.

Much later Madison and Craig are drunk and slow dancing to some 80 song. It's just me and Jai at the table, I think after eating the cheese fries the alcohol finally got to me because we have been talking for the past hour and half. We have a lot in common, we love music, to cook and we both have a sister. We just keep talking when I finally realize it's midnight. "Wow look at the time its midnight already? I better be getting home." He smile and nods "me to" he says and I stand up and walk over to the bar to pay my bill and when I come back jai askes "uhh (Y/N) can I have your number?" I just look at him and hand him my phone and he hand me his. After I walk out to my car, Jai, Madison and Craig following me to Jai's car.