Nice Guys Finish Last (Pt. 2)

(ONE MORE TO COME.)

Monday morning, everyone hates Monday morning but I got to get up and head to work. I have 3 bouquets of flowers to get ready before 10 am. I finally drag my butt out of bed and head to the bathroom to make myself somewhat presentable. I but on my uniform, pink shirt with white lettering that says "Fifth Avenue Flowers." I slip on my black leggings and my flats and head to the kitchen to make coffee. My kerige is my best friend in the morning, it makes me yummy coffee. I'm finally out the door 5 minutes later.

I get to work unlock the store and head right to the back to but my purse in the closet and punch in. Then I get to work on the flower arrangements. At 8:30 Niko (the delivery driver) comes in and I let him know that the 3 are ready and there in the walk in fridge we have. I walk up front to the front of the store when a guy walks in. "hello sir how can I help you." I say Niko come out from the back because he get scared that something is going to happen since I am a only women working this morning. "No I came to see you." you look up and see it's Alex. You smile and say "well hey there." He smiles and the bell rings meaning someone just walked in. "I was wondering maybe we can get dinner on Wednesday?" I try looking over his shoulder but I cant see and reply "uhh sure." I say he replies "great I'll meet you hear is that okay?" I nod and smile. He walks out. i turn around to let out a small squeal and I turn back and I am face to face with jai. "hello sir can I help you?" I say with a smirk. He looks at me and says licking his lips "I just came to see you." I smile and say "well that's nice but I got to get back to work." I say kind of snotty. "I'll let you get back to work." He says. I just give a fake smile and he leaves.

On Wednesday, I am franticly looking through my closet looking for something to wear for my date with Alex tonight. It took me 20 minutes to find a decent dress to wear and shoes to match. I rush out the door to the flower shop. I am waiting outside when I get a text from Jai. "hey, how are you?" I roll my eyes and I see Alex walking towards me. I smile at him. We head to this diner called "Urban City Kitchen." We get inside and I just sit down when I get another text. I say "excuse me." he nods and I look at my phone and it's Jai again "Okay fine don't reply to me." I hit the lock button on my phone and smile at Alex. He smiles back and says "Everything looks good on the menu." I smile and nod. The waiter comes over and says "Hi I am Sophie; I'll be your waiter tonight. Can I start you off with drinks?" We order our drinks and food. Then I get another text. This time I replied back "I'm busy right now." Alex is staring at me as I text him back. "Everything okay?" He says I reply "yeah, sorry about that. I put my phone in my purse. We get the food and as soon as I go to take a bite my phone buzzes, I look at Alex and say "ignore that sorry." He chuckles and we start eating. After dinner he walks me back to the flower shop and we part ways.

Friday comes fast and I am sitting at our regular table drinking a Martini when Jai walks in and sits a cross from me. Tiff asks "how was your date with Alex?" I smile and reply "it went really well." Madison asks "did you kiss?" I shake my head no and say "but he did hold my hand walking back to the flower shop." Tiff squeals "he is so into you." Jai jumps in "just because a guy holds your hand it doesn't mean he's into you." I scuff "who made you a romance expert?" he chuckles "I am a guy. I know for a fact that it doesn't mean a guy is into you." I roll my eyes and Chad usual waiter comes to take our drink order. Tiff asks "did he text you after the date." I shake my head no. Jai chuckles I look at him with one eyebrow raised. "First off, I wouldn't take the girl to a diner and second you always text the girl with in a day of the date." He says I reply while he finishes off his second beer. "How do you know where I was?" He shrugs and says "you said you walked back to the flower shop there is only one restaurant by the flower shop." I take a sip of my second drink and say "he bought me dinner and we got ice cream after." Jai chuckles "yeah he took you to a cheap restaurant." I just look at him "why do you have to snap on everything I say?" he just looks away. "I asked you a question." I continue saying. He looks down. I get up and go outside. I stand against the brick wall trying to calm down. Jai walks out and stands in front of me. "What do you want?" I say harshly. He replies "look, I'm sorry." I try to walk past him but he grabs my arm and pulls me into face him. I just look at him when he kisses me on the lips. I push him away and go back inside.

On Monday, I get to come into work later so I sit on my couch with a cup of coffee when I get a text from Tiff.

Tiff: What happened outside last night?

Me: He kissed me. He apologied to me and then kissed me.

Tiff: did you like it?

Me: i don't know. I am not going to end up with this jerk.

I get up and head to the bathroom to get ready for work. I was in the back when I hear Alex comes in Clair takes care of him but I could help but over hear there conversation. "I would like a medium size bouquet of flowers, and these are for Sophia." My heart drops. I can't believe these.

After work I call a emergency meeting with the girls at the bar. When we all get there, (jai of course shows up because Craig invited him) "so why are we here on a Monday night?" Jai asked. I just look at Tiff and she shrugs, I sigh "Alex came into today and bought flowers for another girl." everyone gasps except of course the boys. "There's more, it was for our waiter, the one we had on our date." Jai looks at me and is about to say something and I bet him to the punch "don't you even say I told you so, I don't want to hear it." he just looks at me.  Tiff says "I am sorry." I shrug and say "men just seem to find me repulsive." Jai jumps in "I don't find you repulsive. I think your pretty cool women." I just roll my eyes and Tiff says "I'm here if you need me but I got to get home, Liam is coming over we are going to watch a movie." she hugs me and leaves. Madison and Craig gets up and follows her out. Jai says "great they were my ride home."  I reply "I guess i'll give you a ride home" I say he replies "but wait I want to talk to you." I sit back down looking at him.