Moving On (Part 2)

"So how did Jai pop the question?" My girl best friend, Alisha asked. I reply "in the cutest way possible. He had our favorite restaurant closed down and he had the Tv showing in the bar pictures of us from the day we met till now. I thought he studded me up but he walked out of the kitchen dressed in a suit and he had pink roses my favorite. After dinner the lights dimmed and our song came on and I looked really confused then he grabbed my hand and told me he loved me and then got down on one knee." She smiles and says "omg how romantic! Your bling is gorgeous!" I smile and say "thanks he picked it out. He even asked my dad for my hand, of course he said yes!"

The next day Jai and I have a wedding cake tasting appointment at the bakery I used to work at when I had to quite to take care of Aubrey. "Hey Sydney, Congratulations!" I smile from ear to ear and say "thank you we have an appointment." She nods and Taylor comes out and takes us back to the tasting room. "So this is chocolate cake with buttercream frosting." Jai takes a bite and I giggle because he has frosting on his nose. We try about 3 cakes when we make our decision. We have sometime before Jai has a suit fitting and I have to go pick up Aubrey to find her a dress to wear. We decide to go get Starbucks. At the coffee shop after we order and Jai pays we sit down and he says "I was thinking since we are getting married and I love you like crazy.." he takes a sip of his coffee then continues "I want you to legally be Aubrey mother." I smile wide and stare at him, my life is finally falling into place I think. "are you okay?" I smile and say "yeah sorry I was just thinking how my life is finally falling into place." I smile and he replies "so Is that a yes." I giggle and say "that's a hell yes." He pecks my lips and says "great I will talk to my lawyer and tell him to get the paper work ready." I nod and we kisses and go our separate ways.

"Hey, little miss Aubrey we are going to go get you a dress. Are you going to be my beautiful flower girl?" she smiles and says "yes mama." I giggle and kiss her forehead. Me, Aubrey and Karen go shopping for her dress. "look at this one!" Karen says to me. I reply "I like that one but I wish the color was more pink than coral." She nods and Aubrey points to a dress and says "mama." I turn to her and realized she is pointing at the most beautiful dress I have ever seen. I giggle and say "You like that one baby? You want to try it on." She smile and nods. I giggle and try to find her size. I put the dress on her and she walks out to Grandma Karen who is smiling ear to ear. "Aubrey you look beautiful." She giggles and I nod agreeing with her. "I think that is the one." Karen says I reply "defiantly." Jai meets up with us and he sees Aubrey "You look like a beautiful princess." She giggles and I say "so does daddy approve of the dress?" he nods and I say "Aubrey picked this dress out by herself." He reply's with a chuckle "oh great I am in trouble she's like her mom a shop-alcoholic." I laugh and say "are you trying to start something with Me." he chuckles.

A month later there was a knock at the door Aubrey was watching Tv and I open the door and there is a man standing there. "Can I help you?" I say the man replies "I'm looking for Jai Courtney." he says I reply "he's in the shower." not really but I didn't want to tell this strange man this. "Well I want to talk to him can I wait." I say "uhh now is really not the right time, he has to go to work." he replies "look miss I am Brooklyn Anderson Brother Brock, I need to talk to him it really important." I reply snotty "look I said now isn't the right time." He replies "fine I'll come back but I hope you know that I will be filing for custody of Aubrey." I say furiously "You can't take Aubrey away from us." He rolls his eyes and leaves. Later that night when Jai comes home I tell him about Brock. "He said he is filing for custody of Aubrey." He balls up his fist "he can't do this. I knew that guy was a jackass." He says I reply "I now I think we should tell your lawyer." He nods and says "I'll call him in the morning." I nod and we go to bed. I didn't get much sleep that night worring if my precious baby will be taken away from me. I hope Jai's lawyer can handle this and we can all be a happy family. I can't believe he would show up years later demanding custody of Aubrey. I looked it up on my phone and It says legally Aubrey will go to Jai because he is her biological father. I smile and pray that this will all will go away with just a phone call.

In the morning Jai calls his lawyer and we have a meeting with him at noon. I hope and pray that Aubrey will still be are. Now one can take Aubrey away from us, she means the world to me just as much as Jai. Stepping up to be her mother was the most rewarding and amazing thing that has ever happened to me. I seriously will be very devastated if that creep take's my baby away. All morning along I have been holding Aubrey in my arms really tightly and kissing her forehead Jai also has been giving her extra affection to her.

At the lawyers office we take Aubrey with us just because I feel like this creep knows where his parents live and I don't want him taking Aubrey. "So you are her biological father, and you are the step mom Sydney?" Jai nods. "legally you have custody rights. But if he takes this to court, the Judge will have to decide. Give me his name so I can do a background check on him and see if I can pull up anything on him." I look at Jai and with a heavy heart sigh. "Brock Anderson." Jai says after a minute or two. I kiss Aubrey head as she plays with her toy on my lap. The lawyer Tom turns to his computer and types in his name. "Ahh he was in a mental institution last year." He says Jai looks at me. Tom then says "that's a good thing; the judge won't allow a mental patient take care of a young child." I nod. maybe there is hope I think.

A month later we are sitting in court waiting to her the verdict, when the Judge comes back in from taking with the small jury. "All raise." The bailiff says we all stand as the Judge takes his seat. The Judge says "the Jury has decided of granting Brock.." as soon as he said Brock I started to cry. "STOP!!!" we all turn around to see Jai's mom Karen comes running into the court room. "I have more evidence." She says walking to Tom our lawyer. He takes it from her and my hands start to shake. Please please make this all go away, I kept saying over and over again in my mind. "your honor I present to you evidence that miss Brooklyn Anderson grants Jai Courtney and Sydney Miles custody of Aubrey." My heart almost burst from my chest. "on what terms." Brock says. Tom stands up and say "Your sister states I grant custody to Jai Courtney and Sydney miles if I ever pass away." the Judge says "hand over the evidence." Tom hands the judge the evidence and says "I'm calling a 5 minute recesses." He stands up and walks out. I look over at Jai who has tears in his eyes. My heart melted away, he can't lose his daughter I can't lose her either.

"all raise." The bailiff says. The judge walks back in and stands in front of his chair and says "Full custody has been granted to Jai and Sydney on the term of Brooklyn's will." My heart almost jumps out of my chest. There was a will, Thank the Lord she made a will and add me to be her mom. I smile wide and kisses Aubrey's head as she giggles. "but Sir my sister never had a will." He said lying. The judge say "that funny she states right here that she grants custody to them and she doesn't want you know where near her." he just gets up and walks out of the court room. The judge signs the custody papers and then we sign them and head home as a family, our permeant family.

4 months later I am standing in the mirror in my wedding dress with small tears running down my face. "this is it, I am marring the man of my dreams, my best friend and soul mate." I smile through my tears as my dad walks in and say "you ready." I smile and say "ready as I ever will be." He kisses my forehead grabs my hand and walks me down the aisle.

Flash forward to a year later "JAI GET THIS BABY OUT OF ME." I yell squeezing his hand. He kisses my forehead and says "you're doing great babe we are almost there." I yell again pushing as hard as I can. One more push and the room field with loud crying. And I take a deep breath as the doctor says "it's a GIRL!" I look at Jai and start to cry. The doctors put her on my chest so Jai can cut the umbilical cord and I can see our baby Girl. A little while later after the nurses washes her off she comes in and asked if we decided on a name. Aubrey meets her sister for the first time and she had a giant smile the whole time. I smile wide and say "Baily." Jai kisses my forehead and says "I love you." I smile and say "I love you and our family." Aubrey lays on the other side of me and falls asleep.