Overprotective.

Just a short oneshot, hope you guys like!

I walk the front door from a long day of work, only to hear my 5 year old daughter crying. I hang up my purse on the hook by the door kick off my heels and say "Baily what's wrong?" she comes running to me and says "mommy, daddy yelled at me today." I bend down to her height and reply "what happened?" she just hugs me and I say "why don't you go lay down in you room for a while I talk to daddy." She nods and walks to her room.

I walk into the kitchen and say "hey handsome, what's going on?" he turns around from mixing dinner on the stove to say "I guess baily got to you first." I reply "yeah but she didn't tell me what was wrong." I walk over to him and peck his lips. He replies "I picked her up from school and we stopped at the grocery store to pick up ingredients to pick up dinner, and I turn my back and she was gone." I sigh "Jai." He says "babe, she ran off to the candy aisle. I was so scared that she was taken." I reply "I understand how you feel but you shouldn't yell at her." he replies "babe I was so worried." I reply "because your a overprotective dad, Jai. I know she shouldn't have run off but you have to explain to her, what was wrong, you know baily is sensitive just like me." He just looks at me and gives me a small nod. "you are so cute when you are a protective dad but you have to let her grow up Jai, whether you like it or not." He replies with a sigh "but she's my princess." I giggle and say "she'll always be your princess but you have to let go some." He pouts "I don't want her to grow up, I want her to be a baby forever." I smile and say "your so cute. But when Baily is old enough and starts her own family, and is in labor you're not a loud in the room." he scuffs "no boys are going to touch my princess for that to happen. Even if she is married." I giggle and say "oh lord. How do you think my father felt when I brought you home?" I replies "that's was different." "How?" I say he replies "I am a gentleman." I reply "what if she brings a gentlemen home, then what." He replies "its not going to happen." I playfull roll my eyes and say "i am surprise you allow her to go to kindergarten." He replies "well it's for only half day." I replie "go talk to her and let me make the plates." He nods and starts walking out when I say "Jai." he turns around and I say "I love you, you overprotective dad you." I giggle he replies "I love you too." He gives me a kiss on my forehead.

Jai's pov

Knock, knock "Who is it?" baily says I reply "its daddy, princess can we talk?" I open the door and see her on her bed surrounded by all her stuffed animals. "I guess." She says I walk in and say "look princess, daddy is sorry for yelling at you, I just got scared that something bad happened to you." she replies "I'm sorry daddy for walking a walk, but I wanted a chocolate bar my teacher was brought in she I can show mommy." I reply "okay but you shouldn't have run off, you should have told daddy. okay?" she nods and I countinue "you know daddy loves you and I just don't want anything to happen to you princess." She smiles and hugs me "I love you too, daddy. i want leave your side anymore." I smile and say "good girl. now let's go eat." She replies with a cheer "Yay! I'm hungry." I giggle and say "me to princess. Oh and Baily." She says "yes daddy?" I say " you'll always be Daddy's princess." She giggles and says "I know." I laugh and grab her hand and we head to the dining room to eat dinner.