The Long Wait (Requested)

Requested by: @Bleeding_Hearts13

Could you do he cheats and then like 2 years later you see each other again and he tries to get you back?

One rainy night you are waiting at your apartment for your boyfriend to pick you up to take you out on a date. He is a half hour late, so you decide to call him. You sit down on your couch trying not to wrinkle your red dress. You get started when a women opens his phone "hello" the women on the other line. "uhh is Jai there?" you ask. With a giggle the women say "he's getting his cute butt dressed who is this?" you take a deep breath trying to hold my emotions together. "His girlfriend" is all you could get out. She replies "oh" and says to Jai "your girlfriend is on the phone." You can hear Jai say "oh sh*t!" Then the phone went dead. You burst into tears knowing he cheated on you and worst of all it is your birthday. After a while of thinking about your oh so perfect relationship, will that's what you thought, when that little voice inside your head reminds you that it's your birthday after all you shouldn't be crying over some man that cheated on you with another women. You stand up pick up your cell phone and text all of your girlfriends to tell them to meet you at the local bar for some drinks.

The next morning you walk up with the biggest hangover you have ever had. You sit up in your bed and hold your pounding head. Ugh why did I drink so much you think to yourself. Then you remember about the man you wanted to marry cheated on you, on your birthday. You punch the pillow next to you and scream with tears streaming down your face. I lost the man of my dreams you thought. You get up and go and take a shower, you thought it would make you feel better.

After you get out you walk into your room to get some clothes out of your closet. When you walk out Jai is sitting on your bed. "GET OUT!" you yelled at him. "(y/n) babe please let me explain, yeah I cheated but it was a mistake baby I'm sorry." With tears running down your face you say "I never want to see you again. You hurt me!" He looks at you with tears in his eyes and you push him out of your room and out the front door. "We are over Jai." you say with more tears streaming down you close the door in his face and lock it. You go back into your room and get dressed.

2 years later

A lot of things happened since the brake up, two years ago. Moving from New York to L.A and then becoming a pretty popular wedding planner. You have a wedding you have been planning for month tonight, The Smiths Wedding. You go and pick up your dress at the cleaners, the one you are going to wear tonight. After you get ready you head to the reception hall to make sure everything is in order for tonight. "I want more flowers in this vase" You say to the lady that is working in the hall. She nods and goes and gets more and adds them. "Perfect." You say. You go over to the bride and groom table and make sure everything is set right. Everything look perfect, you go into the kitchen and make sure the food is coming along perfectly. After everything is set I walk outside by the doors and start greeting the guests. "Welcome" you say to the Bride's family.

After all the guest's get here you sit at the back of the room at a table by yourself, close to the kitchen. You get up to get something to drink when the speech's start. "Uhh hi everyone welcome to the Smiths wedding I'm Jai, Chris best friend and best man." Your jaw dropped open. You can't believe he is here, apart of you wants to see him the other part wants you to hide from him. You go back and set at your table. Draining out his speech thinking about what happen and how your life changed on your birthday 2 years ago.

Later that night you are sitting at the table drinking your alcoholic drink while everyone else is dancing when you hear "why are you sitting by yourself?" You look up and think sh*t. "(Y/N) what are you doing here?" Jai asks. You look at him and say "I'm the wedding planner." He smiles at you and says "You followed your dream; you finally became a wedding planner." You just look at your empty glass. "(y/n) look I'm really sorry, I miss you." he says you look up at him and say "You hurt me jai why, why did you do it? Was she worth it?" he shakes his head 'no' and says "I don't know why I didn't it honestly, I feel like an ass for doing that to you especially on your birthday. I am truly sorry, and I love you." you have tears streaming down your face you look up at him and say "I can't just forgive you like that, especially after two years. We can be friends but you will have to regain my trust." He nods and give you a small smile. "I'll do anything to have you back into my life, I need you baby." He say you just look at him wiping your tears away he asks "Want to dance, love?" you smile at him and nod.

A month later, you get a text from your boss saying she wants to have a meeting with you over dinner at the Milano hotel at 8pm. When 8pm rolls around you walk into the hotel the lady at the front desk stops you and say "Ah yes, Miss (y/n) we have been waiting for you right this way." You nod and follow her. You walk out into the patio where there are pink roses everywhere, (your favorite) and there is one table in the middle of the patio, there are violinists playing soft music. The waiter pulls out your chair for you to sit down. You sit down looking around confused. Moments later Jai walks through the curtain hanging over the door, you just walked through minutes before him. "What are you doing here?" you ask he smiles and sits in front of you, you notice he is wearing a suit. "You look really handsome." You say coming out of know where. He smiles and say "I am making it up you. you are not meeting your boss by the way." You smile and say "im flattered but..." before you can finish your sentence the waiter comes back with our food. "Steak with roasted potatoes and mixed vegetables." You look up at jai who is smiling at you. (your favorite food) you smile back and pick up your fork ready to dig in. "You were saying?" Jai says cutting into his steak. With a mouth full of food you shake your head 'no' as in never mind. After dinner is done you catch each other up on your lives, two years' worth. The dessert comes and you could help but smile wide. Tiramisu (One of your many favorite desserts). After dessert Jai grabs your hand and says "I love you (Y/n) I am so stupid for cheating on you. I am so sorry and I wanted to give you this for years but I could never get a hold of you." he pulls out a long black velvet box, it looks like a neckless box. He hands it to you and you open it and say "Oh, Jai!" you gasp he smiles and says "baby I am sorry and happy two years late birthday. Open the locket." You open the locket and see a picture of you two. A single tear runs down your cheek. "Oh jai." is all you could get out. "I only want you baby." He says as he puts the locket around my neck. He grabs your hand and pulls you to the dance floor and that's when the singer comes out and starts to sing our song, All of my by John Legend. You cover your mouth with your hand and Jai smiles at you and kiss your forehead as you start to slow dance. "so will you be my girlfriend again, I promise you are mine and I am yours forever there is nobody else who I want." You smile and say "I love you Jai." with that being said you kiss him on the lips and he says "I'll take that as a yes. Oh and I love you too" You giggle nod 'yes'.