26. Firepaw Is Gone!

The apprentices charged out of camp, earning some looks that read You-Are-A-Mouse-Brain courtesy of Grassjaw.

"Probably scaring away all the prey," they heard Blackbriar mumble.

Well, they had more important things on their paws.

"Firepaw's being really reckless," Hollypaw stated. "He's leaving his scent on everything. I'm not complaining about it, though!"

"He does that," Sandpaw swallowed her worry.

"Now there's a story for you..." Graypaw trailed off.

"No stories! We are here to find Firepaw!" Bluepaw properly chastised them.

"Great. Just what we need. Proper chastisement." Oakpaw rolled his eyes playfully.

"We have important matters to deal with!" Whitepaw was seriously annoyed.

Ravenpaw nodded solemnly.

"Oh, alright, can't we have a little fun on the way?" Graypaw asked.

"No, it distracts you," Bluepaw pressed on.

"Oh, yeah," the gray tom ran ahead.

A screech came a little bit later.

-

Darkpaw lurked in the shadows on RiverClan territory that night. That dreadful night. The night of the incident.

Rainfeather needed to clear her head. It was dark, so dark. That's all she could see. Was it a prophecy? An omen? She would never know.

But still, she pressed forward. Through her territory, passing a lone Twoleg nest, veering away from the Thunderpath, and right into Darkpaw's trap.

"Pray to your StarClan, filthy RiverClan scum," Darkpaw pounced.

Her screams didn't last for long.

-

"Graypaw!" Bluepaw ran forward.

Hollypaw and Sandpaw stared at each other a moment before surging forward.

"Graypaw! Graypaw!" Silverpaw was even faster than the others.

A moment...Then..."I'm alright!"

"What's wrong?" Oakpaw called.

"I just fell down."

"Of course you did," Dustpaw rolled his eyes.

"Guys," Graypaw sounded.

"What?" they responded.

"Firepaw went down in the tunnels."

Comment! Vote! Do something! You know the drill!