68. The New Kits Part 2

To say that Flamingkit was excited would be an understatement. He had always wanted a sibling like Snowkit, Clearkit, and Graykit. But from what he knew about other litters, they all knew each other's secrets and stuff like that. It didn't seem to work like that for Clearkit, Graykit, and Snowkit.

First of all, Snowkit always seemed more interested in trying to find a warrior named Bluefur than hanging out with her siblings. She seemed to show more of a sibling-like connection to her rather than Graykit and Clearkit.

Flamingkit had yet to find out the reason behind that.

Should we tell him? the voice he came to know as Flametail was having a conversation with Fallen Leaves.

We have to wait until he is ready. Fallen Leaves always seemed to be the wiser one between the two of them.

Flamingkit hated when they did that.

But back on topic, Clearkit and Graykit never really showed that much brotherly affection either. Graykit always seemed to try to get that sort of relationship, almost like they had lost it once and he was trying to redeem himself. Clearkit on the other hand mostly ignored him.

It was the most dysfunctional litter he had ever seen. Fireheart, Oakheart, and Silverstream had a connection, for example. While they all hung out with different cats, they would sometimes go to each other to talk about more private things.

It was the same for many other litters.

But that was besides the point. It was currently his duty to show Shrewkit around the ThunderClan camp, and he was hoping that he would do it correctly.

If he couldn't show a new kit around the camp, why would he ever receive an apprentice when he was a warrior. One of the jobs of being a mentor was to show the new apprentice around ThunderClan territory. He would never become a mentor if he couldn't navigate the camp without messing up in some way.

All in all, he was very nervous.

"Where are we going?" Shrewkit asked.

Flamingkit immediately realized that they had been standing in the same place for many heartbeats. "Um...how about the apprentices' den? That is where we will be going next. I am going to be in their in only one moon!" he trotted towards the den.

Shrewkit followed, taking the entire camp in. He had never been to this camp before, only having seen it while watching over the other cats.

"Swiftpaw!" Flamingkit looked up at the older cat.

The said cat looked up from his moss. "Hello."

"This is Shrewkit." the ginger kit introduced.

Swiftpaw nodded in his direction as a greeting. "Welcome to ThunderClan."

"It is the greatest clan in the forest." Flamingkit added.

I take offense to that... It was Flametail again.

"How long until I get to be in here?" Shrewkit asked

"One moon. You'll enter at the same time as me." the ginger kit answered.

LINE BREAK

"Do you think there is going to be a war against ThunderClan?" Troutkit questioned.

"Hopefully not." Snowkit answered immediately.

The RiverClan-born kit looked puzzled. "I kind of want them to hold it off until I am a warrior. So I can fight."

"It is never a good thing to wish for war." the white kit stated wisely. "Plus, Shrewkit's in ThunderClan. Remember him? He's my brother..."