50. The Prophecy Is Completed

LISTEN UP, EVERYBODY! SOMETHING RATHER TRAGIC HAPPENS IN THIS CHAPTER, BUT IT DOESN'T END THAT WAY! DON'T GIVE UP HALFWAY THROUGH THE CHAPTER! YOU'LL LIKE THE END!

After what felt like moons of pushing the patrol back to camp, Fernfur collapsed as Fireheart, Sandstorm, and Blazefur chatted like there was no tomorrow. "Couldn't you have helped me by actually moving once in a while? It takes forever to push all three of you back to camp!" she growled.

"Sorry, Fernfur!" Fireheart had a smile on, but on the inside, he was sniping at her.

"As long as you are sorry. Where did you go off to after Mossbird and Splashflight came back covered in injuries?" the deputy looked at Fireheart pointedly.

The flame colored tom had a dark look in his eyes. "I had to finish placing scent marks on our border."

"But you were in the opposite direction of the way the patrol was heading," Fernfur pointed out.

"What was wrong with you?" Blazefur looked over her son for injuries. "You could have been attacked by a ShadowClan patrol, hit by a falling tree, many things!" she stomped over to face Fireheart.

"Well, after I finished the patrol, I decided that the clan could use a little more prey; I didn't catch anything by the time you guys found me, though. I apologize for making you worry." the flame colored warrior lied smoothly.

"Fireheart," Sandstorm somehow caught his wandering attention. "I need to tell you something."

Silverstream was smirking behind Fireheart's back. He would have the shock of his life.

"What is it?" Fireheart questioned.

"We can't say it here," the pale ginger warrior guided the tom to a distant section of the camp.

"What is it?" the flame colored tom repeated.

Sandstorm sighed. "I'm expecting kits, Fireheart." she announced quiet enough that only he could hear.

"What?" Fireheart almost collapsed then and there.

The pale ginger she-cat only rolled her eyes. "I'm expecting kits," she repeated.

"Oh, to the nursery!" the flame colored warrior took turn to push Sandstorm in the direction of the ThunderClan nursery.

Even if he was sent by Tigerclaw and the rest of the Dark Forest warriors besides Mapleshade, he had a huge grin on his face; this was a very important time in a cat's life, after all.

That was when the ever so familiar cry rang out; Tigerclaw, Darkstripe, Hawkfrost, Breezepelt, and Brokentail shot out of the barriers.

"I've never seen Tigerclaw do something so mouse brained." Sandstorm looked at the mini patrol incredulously. "If they are attacking, they would be easily beaten, so they must have backup somewhere..." that was proof that the pale ginger she-cat was extremely clever.

Then, in a moment's notice, Sandstorm was gone; Fireheart looked from cat to cat, trying to find a chance to make himself known. He spotted one in the section of the clearing that no one was at.

He had no plan. He had no back up...

...

...

...

...

But doesn't that just scare you?

On the other side of the clearing, the Dark Forest warriors had a sudden sadistic gleam in their eyes; their plan had worked. There was no backing down.