51. Animal Abusers

"Can you guys please explain something?" the Clan had just gotten used to Fireheart returning from the dead. The other cats from the other clans left too, and, even though they were evil, they buried the Dark Forest reborns.

"Yes, Fernfur?" Fireheart looked up from his mate.

"Why were you guys constantly talking about your past life thingy?" the deputy was confused.

The flame colored tom's breath hitched, and he looked at the other reborns for support. "Um, it's just a game we used to play as a kit." he thought that was a pretty good excuse.

"You were some weird kits," the non reborn Clan all agreed on that.

Ashstar leapt up onto the Highledge. He didn't have to call out for the clan; they were all already out there. "That was very traumatic and all, but it is obvious that Lizardstar didn't send those warriors here. It was very mouse brained of them, but Fireheart actually died. We must thank StarClan for returning his soul. Brackenfall, was it a sign?"

Brackenfall gazed up at Ashstar. "Yes, and I believe that it means that Fireheart is going to be a great ThunderClan hero. I don't know how, but I believe that he will." the ginger medicine cat was really faithful.

"We also need to increase border patrols. Fernfur, can you organize those?" Ashstar inquired.

"Of course," the gray she-cat agreed.

That was when the ThunderClan leader leapt down from the Highledge. "We also need some hunting patrols."

"Okay," Fernfur started to sort out those.

"Fireheart," Brackenfall approached the flame colored tom after Ashstar's speech. "Can I look you over? I want to see if your health after coming back from StarClan is the same as a perfectly healthy cat who hasn't died."

Fireheart looked over at Sandstorm.

"I don't think I'm going anywhere." the pale ginger she-cat assured. "He just wants to see if you are healthy."

"Okay," the flame colored tom shrugged before following after the medicine cat into his den.

Fernfur started to announce who was going on the patrols. "Whitestorm, can you lead a patrol along the WindClan border? Thanks, take Grassjaw, Jayfeather, and Blackbriar with you." the white tom started to gather the said cats. "Acornwish, take a patrol consisting of you, Dustpelt, Emberblaze, and Bluefur along the ShadowClan border." these cats were more nervous than the ones going along the WindClan border. "I'll lead a hunting patrol with Silverstream, Oakheart, and Ravenheart."

The deputy approached the group of reborns, guiding out the cats she needed with her tail.

"I bet I'll catch more prey!" Silverstream taunted.

"You're on!" Oakheart excepted her bet.

"If I win, you need to clean my bedding, if I lose, you need to clean my bedding," the silver she-cat tried to trick him.

"That's not fair! If I win, you have to clean my bedding!" he protested.

"Fine," Silverstream was disappointed that her plan didn't work.

They marched on.

Once they arrived at the chosen site for hunting, Fernfur turned towards the rest of her patrol. "Ravenheart, can you hunt closer to Twolegplace?"

Ravenheart literally jumped five tail lengths into the air. "You want me to go to Twolegplace?" he stuttered.

"No, around Twolegplace," the deputy purred in amusement. "Don't go into Twolegplace."