24

~Wayne
"Whats on your mine?" My momma ask me.
I look up at my momma in her bed. A nigga wanted to break down and cry. But hell I wasnt gonna cry. They got my momma in her house on her death bed. I wanted to so bad move her in with me , but that shit wasn't safe. I'll kill a nigga if he bust in my house and harm my mom.

"I got a lot going on." I said sitting on the edge of her bed.
"Like what , Dewayne?" She smile.

My momma was strong as fuck , even at her breaking point she still manage a smile.
"I can't lose you." I shook my head.
"Dont let them doctors scare you up , boy. Only God can call me home." She said.
"This shit aint fair." I all but shout.
"I know I'm sick , but curse again imma bust you right in your head boy. You aint too old to get hit." She said causing me to laugh.
"I swear I love you , more than life it self." I grab her hand.
I wasn't afraid of dying , but hell a nigga didn't wanna lose his mom. Fuck no , thats my fucking rock.

"I know you do , but I'm not all you got." She said making me frown.
"Who else i got?" I ask.
"Your father." She said.
"Man fuc- freak him. He ain't give a damn about me. Fuck I look like reaching out to him. Hell he aint visit you one time while you was in the hospital. Now you at your worst he wanna get in our life. I told that motherfucker die. Hell it should have been him and not you." I yelled.
I watch my momma face drop and as she close her eyes.
"I just want you to be happy , Dewayne. I want you to forgive your father. I know he aint shit , but damn give the man a break. That still your father." She squeeze my hand.
"He a sperm donor." I said.
"Oh really? So thats how you wanna be. How bout when you told that girl to have an abortion." She spat at me.

I couldn't believe my momma was turning against me. Hell I was her son she ain't met Sid and taking up for her.
"Thats different." I remark.
"Different my butt. You know how that make a women feel? Yall young people be flexing. Your pockets bigger than your brain , Wayne. You acting worse than your father. I bet that girl ain't got an abortion though." She smirk.
"I cant with you." I shook my head.
"I wanna meet this girl , I know I'm not gonna be here when the baby come , but I wanna meet this girl that you be all hype about." She smile.
"Dont talk like that , you gonna be here. And I dont be hype about her." I roll my eyes.
"Only if you can see what I see. You don't even call a girl first , but you be checking on her whereabouts. Yeah I be listening. Just because I'm dying , dont mean these ears aint still ticking." She said.
"Dont talk like that , you know imma pay for your medicine , imma go out my way." I assure her.
"Wayne you spent money on me , to keep me alive and I appreciate that. But its time for me to go on home." She pointed up.
Thats when I realize my momma was ready to die.
"Noo! Got daamit ! You told me to never give up , and that's what you gonna do ? Huh?" I shout.
"Boy you better watch that mouth of yours. And I'm not giving up. I know its my time sooner or later. And you gonna have to accept that. You wanna see me suffer , Wayne? You wanna be selfish?" She ask.

I couldn't with her , she was about to have me at my breaking point it didnt make sense.
"When them nurses coming?" I ask.
"In a few why? You gonna bring the girl today?" She ask hopefully.
"Nah , I'm just checking." I shook my head.
"I wanna see her Wayne , please." She beg.
"Aight ma. I gotcha imma talk to her first." I assure her.
"I love you Wayne." She said.
"I know." I kiss her wrinkle forehead.
"Someone else love you as much as me." She smile.
"And who will that be?" I cock.
"The child of your mother?" She smile.
"Oh yeah? Hmm. You aint took them pills today , did you?" I change the subject.
"Get bust in that head boy , be gone. And remember what I said." She said.
"I gotcha ma." I said walking out her room.

God please let my momma , live longer i need her more than anything. This shit was hurting like hell. No money can replace her. Amen