Foster Days

"Leave me alone please" I cry. "Stop crying baby girl you know you want" He said advancing on me his sweat dripping all on me. He pinned me down on the floor , holding my arms above my head.

Dear lord please send an angel my way to save me. I said a prayer in my head. "Don't cry baby it'll only going to hurt a little bit" He said removing his pants , he ripped my shirt off playing with my breast. "Help! Please!" I scream. Mark slapped me hard leaving a taste of blood in my mouth. "Yo the fuck you doing mark!?" Some said yanking him off me. I grabbed my cover run into the bathroom. I sit in a corner with my knee up against my chest covering my body with the shower curtain.

The door swings open I flinch not knowing who it was. "Hey ma it's alright I'm not bout ta hurt you come hea" This kid says. I look up at his hand for a second I want to refuse but I just put my hand in his. He hold me tight caressing my head. I feel tears flowing down my face. He looks down at me and kneels down to my height. "Da names Anfernee , I'm new here" He smiles.

"I'm Janae" I smile slightly. "Come on let's go tell dem people cause this nigga deserves to be out in a jail cell" he grabs my hand leading me out the bathroom, I step over Marks body and kick it with all my might.

"It's alright ma he ain't gone wake up for a while". We get in front of Ms.Layla room and he knocks. She comes out smiling but it turns to a frown when she sees me. "What happen Nae!?" She says analyzing me. "Some dude was tryna rape her , I was wondering the halls and heard her screaming" The guy says. "Baby I'm so sorry ! you two stay in here" she says grabbing her phone. Layla walks out and goes down the hall.

"How old are you baby?" Anfernee ask. "14 and you?". "16" he says. I start yawning and decided to lay on Anfernee shoulder. "Sleepy ma?" he ask. "Yes". He picks me up and lays me on Ms.Layla bed , Anfernee grabs a cover and puts it over me. I close my eyes and let the sleep take me away.

"No ! No stoop!" I start crying In my dreams. I wake up real quick sweating. Anfernee isn't next to me I start to cry. "What's wrong Nae?" Ms.Layla ask. "I had a bad dream , where's Anfernee?" I ask getting up. "He's in room ten baby but you know you can't sleep in there" she says. "Please Ms.Layla I feel comfortable".

She takes a deep breath and walks me to Anfernee. "Anfernee are you up?" She knocks lightly. "Yea come in "He says. "Can I sleep with you please I had a bad dream" I say walking up to him. "Come on ma" he said tapping a spot on his bed. I climb in his bed and cover up. "Thank you" I say. "No problem goodnight ma" he says laying with me.

Waking up I stretch and yawn accidentally pushing Anfernee out the bed. "Oh my gosh I'm sorry!" I say laughing. "Its funny?" He say mean mugging me. "A little bit" I say smiling. "You're beautiful" He says moving strands of hair out my face. "Thank you" I say turning my face , I could feel myself blushing. "I'm gonna go and take a shower and stuff , can we hang out after?" I say getting out of bed. "Yea sound coo".

After my shower I get dress in some sweat pants and a tank top. Putting my hair in a ponytail I spray some perfume , then put my shoes on. I head down the hall to Anfernee room and knock. "Come in" he says. I walk in and he has no shirt on , he is really cute but he'd never talk to me I'm a kid. "It ain't polite ta stare shorty" He says grabbing my attention.

"Sorry" I say sitting on his bed. "So wea you from?" He says sitting next to me. "Born and raise out here in New York and you ?". "New Orleans baby" he says smiling proudly. "You look mix with some type of different nationality.... are you ?" He ask. "Yeah I'm Jamaican , Cuban & American of course" I say. "Damn that sound sexy as fuck man" he says causing me to laugh. "How about you?". "Nah just black ove hea". He says causing me to laugh.

The rest of the day we just chilled and talked about everything in the planet. I think I'm starting to develop a crush on Anfernee but would he ever consider dating me even when we're older. "Getting late I should go to my room now" I say getting up. "Nah lets go out there's this place that got good ass ice cream down the street" he says. I look at him like he's crazy. "Are you kidding if we get caught both of us are going to be in huge trouble" I say.

"Not if we get caught and I'll take the blame fa you shorty" he says grabbing my hand. We sneak out the back door closing the door carefully. "Never been out at this time" I say looking at the street signs and different people walking. We arrive to the shop and the sweet smell had me mesmerized. "Pick whateva you want shorty" he says. I tippy toe so I could see the different flavors , I pick out Oreo and fudge ice cream and Anfernee got vanilla and hot fudge drizzle.

"I must say Anfernee , we only know each other for 24 hours but I feel like I know you so well" I say taking a scoop of my ice cream. "Same hea shorty" he says smiling. "Promise me you won't leave like everyone else" I say. "I promise baby I won't leave ya" he kisses my forehead. We finish up our ice cream and head back to the home. I start singing my mothers favorite song Amazing grace. "Damn ya sure can sing shorty , should try doing that later in ya future" he says putting his arm around my shoulder. "I've always wanted to be a singer" I say smiling. "Don't give up on that dream , I'm going to help you shorty".

I take off my shoes and get his bed , he gets in behind me and hugs me. "Night shorty". "Good night Anfernee" I say smiling.